• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

scroll saws for case modding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diurnal

Registered
Will scroll saws cut good holes in cases. Like a 120mm.Or will it brake the scroll saw.Cause the dremel is pretty tough to cut holes but it can be done,actually i have a black and decker 6k RPM. Adjustable.Where can i find the diamond bits for the black and decker and how much do they costs?

If your black and decker is anything like my B&D Wizard or Craftsman rotory tool, just go to the hardware store and pick up some dremel bits. They are all the same size, probably.

You might check the collet size on your Black and Decker and see if it is the same as the dremel ones (1/4 in, I think).

As for using a scroll saw, I haven't any experence. But, I did cut 4 holes with a rotory tool, and as long as you go slow, it's not that hard. Took me about 5-10 min. per hole (draw to de-burr).

Hope this helps.

scroll saw

You can indeed cut holes in your case with a scroll saw. Just make sure to use a metal cutting blade, preferably a new one. Drill a hole inside the area you want to remove to start your blade, take it easy and don't force the cut and you'll be fine. Use your Dremel or B&D to finish the job. By the way, if you trace a CD it's the perfect size for a 120mm fan. Good luck!

Back