• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooziewhatsit

So, this morning we woke up and my wifes computer was off. Long story short, the motherboard (p6t) is now out of the case, with nothing but the CPU and HSF on it, and still not doing anything. Had otherwise been running fine for just over a year.

The power supply will come on by itself if I short the green wire to ground. All the voltages appear to be fine.

CPU looks fine. Nothing looks burnt.

With power to the board, the lights in the Power/Reset buttons on the board come on, but are flickering (think of a 60Hz CRT monitor refresh rate). Press the power button, and nothing happens. No beep codes or fans spinning.

I've pulled the bios battery to no change. Its voltage is fine (2.9v).

Unfortunately I don't have another CPU or PSU I can test with.

So, does it sound like the board is dead?

Thanks,
-Dave

Nevermind. It appears that the PSU is to blame. I put the PSU on a different board, and its' power light flickers as well, and won't turn on. Put a different PSU on the other board and the light is steady and boots just fine.

Off to RMA the PSU.

Back