• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Survey!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1)24
2)B
3)A
4)A-D
5)A
6)7 (enjoyment factor...mainly b/c of forum and team)
7)definitely

Good luck on your exercise

1- 45 11/12ths

2- D

3- A

4- A, B, C, D, +. <Disclaimer> These computers are not built "exclusively" for SETI crunching. I'm sure I'll think of a reason to build another one for my 6yr old. After all, he is just about at that age where he should have his own server.

5- A

6- 6. Other than smoking, computers are my only vise. I've learned an awful lot about the inner workings of these mysterious boxes in my quest to improve my average time/WU. My own personal "learning curve" has accelerated since becoming a part of this team, and I must thank everbody here for the help in getting where I'm at.

7- Yes

1.-27
2.-A
3.-A
4.-ABC (modding?)
5.-AB (my pleasure)
6.-8 (I have been inducted into the OC community, giving a greater knoledge of the inner workings of the beige box beneath my desk)
7.-Yes

FRANK said:
4- A, B, C, D, +. <Disclaimer> These computers are not built "exclusively" for SETI crunching. I'm sure I'll think of a reason to build another one for my 6yr old. After all, he is just about at that age where he should have his own server.

You should ask yourself if you can teach your dog (or cat) to use a computer to sereve themselves their food. That way you could increase the number of terminals in your house. :)

Mictlan said:

You should ask yourself if you can teach your dog (or cat) to use a computer to sereve themselves their food. That way you could increase the number of terminals in your house. :)

Dog's gone, needed the dogfood money for parts, but I did digitally record her barking and have the computer hooked to the doorbell. It brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear her.

As for the cat, ever since the incident with the Delta fan, she won't go thear these things. That's just as well, she used to get sick from licking the "Cling Free" off after I would spray her down. By the way, her whiskers did eventually grow back and you can hardly tell half of her nose is missing.

FRANK said:

Dog's gone, needed the dogfood money for parts, but I did digitally record her barking and have the computer hooked to the doorbell. It brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear her.

As for the cat, ever since the incident with the Delta fan, she won't go thear these things. That's just as well, she used to get sick from licking the "Cling Free" off after I would spray her down. By the way, her whiskers did eventually grow back and you can hardly tell half of her nose is missing.

That leaves you with a good advice: ALways put grills to blowholes, specially if you have cats or/and small children and you power your rig with deltas (or vaccum cleaners). :)

Back