• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Monkeys vs. MPC Monkeys Prize Ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ghettocomp said:
I think there would be many nightmares discussed on these forums :D

I would rather see folks Do the Yatta in Togas, rather than dresses, Much funnier Mental pictures to me!.. :D
good point, good point....

aim for funny, not emotional death

*edit
that would be on google video forever!

Blondie said:
That would never go over, for one, it's not between team 32 and team 11108, it is between 2 users.

Well good thing for all monkeys, this is our fight and not yours. :p

We can do what ever we want! :attn:

sno.lcn said:
Losing team has to fold for team 32 for a month under name: T32_pwns_MPC!

*Edit: T32_Monkeys_Pwn_MPC_Monkeys is that better?

or MPC_Monkeys_Pwn_T32_Monkeys

Spider Monkey said:
Well good thing for all monkeys, this is our fight and not yours. :p

We can do what ever we want! :attn:

Um, I think I can speak for the rest of the team that that is not a name that should be used. I doubt [CH]ams would like it either :attn:

z0n3 said:
Good point. Cross dressing is a little juvenile.
agreed

I kinda like the change your name thing, however, it would be a rather large pita and the fact that something that big on the line would probably make cheating more tempting.

I'm still trying to come up with something along those lines except not making it that harsh.

we still like the fake_monkeys name but what about T32Monkey_pwns_MaxPCMonkeys??

What about making up a symbolic trophy with a monkey on it?

It could be a perpetual trophy, so each year or so, you could have a re-match. The winner gets to keep the trophy for that year.

Sort of like the OCAU and [H]OCP "duck" trophy.

The problem with pics is they never go away, these days, and each team really loves their namesake and mascot.

Adak

Adak said:
What about making up a symbolic trophy with a monkey on it?

It could be a perpetual trophy, so each year or so, you could have a re-match. The winner gets to keep the trophy for that year.

Sort of like the OCAU and [H]OCP "duck" trophy.

The problem with pics is they never go away, these days, and each team really loves their namesake and mascot.

Adak

I like that idea cause it would make us do better each year which would be better for FAH :D

found this

http://incrediblejewelry.com/24a4d270.jpg

Last edited:
Rpkole said:
I like that idea cause it would make us do better each year which would be better for FAH :D

found this

24a4d270.jpg
i like that!

looks like something that would be called "the jade monkey" or something corney like that :D :thup:

And to the "loser", what shall be thy reward?! How about this?! Too good! It smacks of coolness! :thup:

Addendum - by the way, all in fun. Surely you all have read The Monkey's Paw. ;)

-Edited image to comply with contest rules-

Last edited:
I like those both. Lose gets the paw cut off while the winner gets the perrrty green monkey. :)

Lodis4 said:
I like those both. Lose gets the paw cut off while the winner gets the perrrty green monkey. :)
lmao, perrrty green monkey FTW :D

so what do the rest of you guys think about this idea?

too many irons in the fire...

the name can be whatever yall want as long as it does not include the MaxPC name in any form due to legality issues

as for the rest of the rules, who cares about much anything else Fold em fast and hard! but there does need to be a cheating clause stating something like "any with-holding of finished WUs (whether intentionally or with the help of an external program) to be turned in at a later date automatically disqualifies that team and they are officially declared the losing team and must fulfill the prize requirements. All WUs must be folded and turned in as soon as it is finished. The only exemption to this rule is the Stanford Servers denying the connection for returned WUs. A log must be given in full and without edits to determine this was the case."

Failure to put something of this nature into the rules will allow for unscrupulous individuals to with-hold WUs (possibly without the teams knowledge) and turn in massive points from a single or few processors within the last day or two. This needs to be prevented for a proper and fair contest. Also this is against Stanford rules and can cause a reaction from them as well so that chance of punishment is twofold (one possiblitiy of having the entire team's points zeroed out.)

Back