• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 780 TI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can't wait for this. Also rumours abound of non-ref boards being available at launch as well. I really hope so.

Yeah, Titan Ultra would have been neat, being a reference to the 8800GTX and 8800 Ultra.

They know there are people who are still going to buy it lol. Do we know if Black Edition is still happening for this or was it just a rumor?

Of course people will buy it! It's the fastest single GPU.

Heck, we are masturbating ourselves looking at our benchmarks scores, and the couple of extra fps we have by increasing the core by 100MHz.

"Wow, I got 200 more points in 3dmarkXYZ!!"

So, sure, if you have the money, why not?

The fact that its quieter than the 290x is a selling point for me BUT i plan to wait to see what 290x non ref cards will be like. If they are quieter and cooler, im going for 290x. Hoping GIGABYTE makes a 290X Windforce 3

I can 99% guarantee there will be a quieter/better cooling solution brought to the table by third-parties over the reference style. As has been true over the last several generations.

I can 99% guarantee there will be a quieter/better cooling solution brought to the table by third-parties over the reference style. As has been true over the last several generations.

I hope this happens very soon. My single 7970 Ghz is starting to struggle. Im ready for next gen power would love to stay on the red side.

On a side note:
Janus, how is that MSI 290x treating you gaming wise? Over long gaming sessions do you see it throttle a lot and does it get loud?

Last edited:
Good question --

Gaming wise I haven't actually had a ton of time to play with it, been busy with so much other stuff. The fan probably spins up to 45-50% sometimes during games, but I never really see it throttle or get so loud that it is distracting.

Right now it is folding, so sitting at 100% activity with the max temp set to 95C (max) and the fan speed sits pegged at 42%. which is audible for sure, but mostly just fan noise that you wouldn't hear much of if it wasn't an open-air bench 1-2 feet from my right ear. I just turned the max temp down to 85C, which the fan speed went up to 75% to cool it down below the threshold and it got very loud, it over-corrected itself (down to 70C) and is slowing the fan speed down a % every 5-10 seconds to make sure the temperature doesn't spike. 50% would probably be about my threshold for fan speed as it is still audible, but not deafening.

Back