• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A55 chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
here's the build plan,
coolermaster haf xb lan box
ocz 680watt psu, smallest i have that's of any account, other option is 1050 watt ultra.

zalman resevator v1 with zalman block, it just looks so cool and i want to use it again before I throw it in the trash.

corsair dominator 2000 memory, it's a pile driver module so 2000 is about right.

ocz vertex ssd.

windblows 7 home.

Yeah, it'll be fine. 65W TDP, and that includes the GPU portion.

oh, my gawd!!! my little coolermaster case needs an enema now, apu's suck **** through a straw and that's some big time sucking!!!

cinebench= 1.69pts@ 4.4ghz.... let's just shoot the poor little thing before it gets any sicker

It has only 2 threads :p ... really better idea would be 6600K as it's the lowest and cheapest unlocked quad.
Best would be to grab a new unlocked pentium or i3. I'm generally disappointed of 6600K even though it's running @4.7GHz. Performance is like ~3.8GHz i3 but APU uses more power and generates more heat. Actually in online games I had less lags on i3 4330 when there were many enemies on the screen.

other than surfing the net and checking aunt marthas e-mail, has anybody seen a use of a 2 core apu, I got the cores up to 4.9 but it just seems that my c2d in my internet machine is better.

I'm thinking the best place for this thing is fatdog64 Linux and web surfing.

so my gigabyte f2a55m-ds2 is really sucking now, it has my ram in single channel, I have tried 3 kits of ram and they all run single, I have updated bios, cleared cmos, used xmp profiles, each stick in each slot all good.

Attachments

• sdfgsdfgsdfg.JPG
    sdfgsdfgsdfg.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 21
so my gigabyte f2a55m-ds2 is really sucking now, it has my ram in single channel, I have tried 3 kits of ram and they all run single, I have updated bios, cleared cmos, used xmp profiles, each stick in each slot all good.

caddi daddi said:
A55 chipset

what's so wrong with the A55 chipset?

Humh? I wonder? Just maybe...
RGone...

yea, that's what i thought.
I have three gigabyte products in use right now, two gpu's and the board.
none of the driver disks that that came with them work, the two gpu's are great but i had to download all the sofware for them and the same with the board.
so i guess it's time to be all done with anything gigabyte along with anything amd.

oh my gawd!!! gigabyte REALLY BYTES, if i use any of the xmp or amp memory profiles the thing sets the memory to 1066.

I had wanted a force oc gigabyte board, I am so glad I got this heap of steaming cow dung it shows what crap they make!!!!!

some good news after trying, gskill ares 1866, gskill ripjaws 1600, corsair dominater 2000, corsair vengence 1866, adata xpg 1600, kingston hyperx 1600, crucial balistix 1600 and corsair xms3 1333,
the closest speed it set was the xms3 1333, but that's because it set all the ram at 1066 and all single channel!!!! what a sweet piece of crap this thing is!!!

oh my gawd!!! gigabyte REALLY BYTES, if i use any of the xmp or amp memory profiles the thing sets the memory to 1066.

I had wanted a force oc gigabyte board, I am so glad I got this heap of steaming cow dung it shows what crap they make!!!!!

Just so you know Caddi, I'm on my third Gigabyte board. They've all been awesome.

Looks like you're finding out why people don't like A55, not Gigabyte.

I got a couple of boxes of amo for my weatherby .460 last week so i guess best use of a gigabyte product and an amd product will be as targets on my 100 yard rage out back tuesday afternoon!!!!

I got a couple of boxes of amo for my weatherby .460 last week so i guess best use of a gigabyte product and an amd product will be as targets on my 100 yard rage out back tuesday afternoon!!!!

But the board is so little that you'll miss!! :rofl:

then splain why none of the driver cds work please...... that's the first sign.

like I said, my gpu's are great, it sure looks like gigbyte boards just suck, it might be time for you to change.....

my eyes are from the 60's and that leopold gold stripe scope is from the 80's, we know each other very well...

sweetie reminds me the scope is from the 70's, my father got it for me on my 16th birthday.

would a chipset driver cause this?

Back