• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi Guys, Total n00b aleart!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidChild

Registered
Hi guys, whilst looking for information on how to overclock I came accross this forum. Basically i'm looking to overclock my 2.0Ghz Celeron a bit, the best way to do this seems to be to increase the FSB which is currently set at 400mhz. But looking into my BIOS, i can see the speed of the FSB but have no option to adjust it whatsoever.

So i was wondering if you guys could help.

Thanks

Welcome

Your motherboard is the heart of your overclock. Checkout the Intel stickies.

Then post another detailed question. That way we can help you out more with what you don't understand.

Here are some specs.

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron, 2000 MHz (20 x 100)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i845G
System Memory 1280 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (09/12/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

[ System ]

System Properties:
Manufacturer eMachines, Inc.
Product Imperial
Version Revision 0.90
Serial Number 0123456789
Wake-Up Type Power Switch

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
Manufacturer TriGem Computer, Inc.
Product Imperial
Version 1.01
Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxx

[ Processors / A0 ]

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer Intel
Version A0
Current Clock 2000 MHz
Type Central Processor
Voltage 1.8 V
Status Enabled
Upgrade Slot 1
Socket Designation WMT478/NWD

Basically my main problem is that i cannot seem to alter anything in the bios screen, so i am looking for help there really.

seeing you have an Emachines, there is no way in the bios you can overclock. Run a program called CPU-Z, and see if it can tell you exactly what motherboard you have. Then once you know what motherboard, try clockgen, or softFSB. Those are the only two programs I know that will allow you to OC in windows (besides AI boaster, but that only works with a few ASUS boards).

ahhh so it an e-machine..they propaly have the mobo locked down to prevent overclocking..seach around for a bios update that may let you o/c it

I've downloaded Clock Gen, softFSB doesn't work, and i can alter the clocks and apply the changes, yet nothing seems to happen...

Ok, i have. I was using the clock gen program. I can alter the clock speeds and apply the changes, but the clock speed doesn't actually change.

I don't think my PL is supported.... I've also just made my PC crash twice playing around, but somehow i did get the clock speed to 2002Mhz...

I think i'm going to give up. Looks like my computer was never meant to be clocked.

I can get it to go from like 1993Mhz to 1999Mhz by using a random PLL but it makes it go all unstable and really really slow. So i think i will give up for now :)

Have you properly identified your PLL? If you find the right one you might be able to get the FSB from 100 to 112-115. That's the max you will be able to do without a lock on the PCI Bus. Any further and you risk HDD corruption.
Find the PLL
I would suggest a BSEL pin-mod to get to 133 but it won't work on a motherboard that doesn't natively support 133FSB.

Back