• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I lower the Vcore on an abit ip35 pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

menacejean

Registered
Hi! Trying out my first oc here. I have a E6750 running stable at 3200mhz (400x8) and 1.35v (default voltage). I'm using the stock HS so temps are running at about 61 - 62. I could turn the other fans up in my PC but don't think that would make much of a difference. I know I could get a better HSF which I'll probably do, but that's not really the answer I'm looking for in this post.

I'm trying to lower the voltage to see if I can bring the heat down at least below 60. However when I go in the the "Voltages Control" I can't bring the voltage down below the default voltage. I can only move it up. Is there something I'm missing here or is it just a limitation of the IP35-pro?

Thanks for the help!!

The IP35 series sets the default (and the lowest) Vcore at the VID for the chip. They do not allow under-volting that I've ever seen.

How is your airflow inside your case? That could be a cause of your bad temps. You may also want to reseat your heatsink. That is pretty hot even for your stock heatsink.

How is your airflow inside your case? That could be a cause of your bad temps. You may also want to reseat your heatsink. That is pretty hot even for your stock heatsink.

I've tied down most of the wires to the side of the case. Only thing I've really had trouble with is all of the extra power cables. I just moved them to the bottom of the case the best I could. I'm currently just using the stock antec 900 set up. Maybe I can move the top fan to an exhaust fan see if that pulls some more heat out. For the record I just turned the fans up too...I definitely do not want my PC that loud. :-D

I did have a difficult time getting the heat sink on the cpu. I would get one side bolted down and go to the others and then the bolted side would pop up. I'll try reseating it and see how it goes from there.

*Edit: Just realized that in the first post I forgot to mention I was running prime95 when the temps were at 60-62. My bad. At stock/idle they were about 30/32. OCed to 3.2ghz/idle they were about 35/37.

your on stock hs pushing 3.2ghz but the temps you report are they just idle temps or load. if its load dont worry those are good temps for being on stock with that speed. if those are at idle temps, get a new HS, no way around it. well you could lower you oc to 3ghz that will make a difference.

i still having figured out how come the board doesnt allow lowering the voltage. I do know its based on the cpu, i have the celeron-l 420 in the ip35-pro and i see some LOW voltage options.

My MSI P35 Neo2 also doesn't allow the user to lower the Vcore below VID. This happens after I update to the latest BIOS. In early BIOS version, it is possible. Btw, idle temps around 60s are too high.

At stock/idle my temps were about 32/33. OCed to 3.2ghz/idle they were about 37/38.

Running prime95 upped those temps to 52/53 and 62/63 respectively (I believe...at work now and trying to remember exactly what they were late last night :)).

I know the recommended threshold on the e6750 is 72. Would running the board at a temp of, say 70 degress, for 8 hours a day cause damage?

Back