• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Functionality

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

I just replaced my motherboard with an MSI 915P-M and I can't get the USB to work.

I double-checked the headers on the mobo, and disabled all the USB stuff in the Device Manager and rebooted. I still can't get it to acknowledge my USB hard drive in the front or rear ports. It just gives me unkown device.

Is there somewhere I can get generic Windows P&P (plug and play) type drivers? If I let it search it doesn't come up with anything, and if I direct it to look in system32 it says there's nothing newer than what's installed.

Any ideas? :confused:

I would go to the MSI website and download the latest mobo drivers for your mobo from there and also get an updated bios if you can. Sometimes the drivers shipped with the mobo are lamers and you need to get the good ones from the website.

Back