• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really weird problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pduan87

Registered
Prime stable but no boot

24prime.jpg

I can prime stable at that speed for 24 hrs but half the time when I try and load into windows, it just doesn't load. The mobo will not do the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" then do the "Backup CMOS... OK!" thing. It will simply sit there at the screen that shows all the IRQ's and reboot...

WTF is going on?!

Last edited:
Try backing down the HTT. Also what is your HT set at? 300HTT just might be too much for it right now.
2gb of ram might also be causing the problem.

Yea, upping HTT in the bios does not allow me to boot.

However, everything is put on hold because i just discovered ******** sent me the wrong HD's. 6L160M0 instead of 6B160M0.

I know you said it's put on hold, but it seems like the problem is related to either a resource conflict or possibly a driver problem/corruption. Go into Safe mode, go to run and type in Msinfo32. You can scan through the hardware resources and see if you've got any conflicts. It might even help to try to get into Windows normally and check again.

Do you have a add-on sound card and the on-board activated? If so, go into BIOS and disable the AC'97 Audio Codec.

The reason I say it could be a driver problem/corruption is because when the computer boots up, it's running from the ROM drivers, then after it allocates the system resources to the different devices, it boots the OS and a file called IO.sys checks config.sys for the 32 bit drivers and loads them into RAM. If there's a problem in any of those drivers, like a checksum error or something, it could be your problem. I think. I'm just learning about this stuff but if I had this problem, this is where I'd start. I know that probably doesn't fill you with confidence, but hey, I tried.

Back