• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia chaeting with #'s on the 7800GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just found this and wonder if any one noticed it with other spec listings..Look at engine clock..By the way this is an asus card at allstarshop

Controller nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
Bus Type PCI-Express X16
Memory 256MB
RAMDAC 400MHz
Memory Clock 1.2 GHz (600 MHz DDR3)
Engine Clock
430 MHz
Shader Clock 430 MHz/Rop Clock:430MHz/Geometry Clock:470MHz

Monitors Supported Dual
Max Resolution 2048 x 1536
Connector (s)

* 2 x DVI-I
* S-Video In/Out

TV-Out Yes
Video-In Yes
Built-in TV Tuner No
The above specifications are for refe

hawtrawkr said:
isnt the memory suppose to be 1.3ghz thats whats catching my eye more than the core speeds.

Maybe but so far we have talked about the hidden 40MHz on the core when gaming or stressing it in 3d..So I posted what I think is the first retail card to show a clock speed diference from the listed 430 plus the 40 for there total of 470..

As far as ram I think 1200 is the base speed .

diehrd said:
Just found this and wonder if any one noticed it with other spec listings..Look at engine clock..By the way this is an asus card at allstarshop

Controller nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
Bus Type PCI-Express X16
Memory 256MB
RAMDAC 400MHz
Memory Clock 1.2 GHz (600 MHz DDR3)
Engine Clock
430 MHz
Shader Clock 430 MHz/Rop Clock:430MHz/Geometry Clock:470MHz

Monitors Supported Dual
Max Resolution 2048 x 1536
Connector (s)

* 2 x DVI-I
* S-Video In/Out

TV-Out Yes
Video-In Yes
Built-in TV Tuner No
The above specifications are for refe

Asus was the only maker that made use of the built in upward core clock shelving in there advertising from the gitgo.

Viper

hawtrawkr said:
isnt the memory suppose to be 1.3ghz thats whats catching my eye more than the core speeds.

The normal 7800GTX clock speed at 400/600 putting the true clocks at 440/600 (1200ddr) in high power 3D.

Viper

I was pulling my hair out wondering how people were getting over 500MHz on their 7800GTX's while comparing results in 3DMark05. I spent quite a long time last night going through different core / memory speeds to find the sweet spot where I had no artifacts and my results are in my sig. I run Win XP x64 and 3DMark05 doesn't show any core or memory speeds.

3DMark 05 Results

Back