• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon HD 9000 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Who gives a **** how much memory is on the consoles. We all know that pretty much EVERY game on the market is GPU limited. The next gen consoles will have the equivelent to ABOUT a AMD7870 video card. Its a selling point................ You take that PS4 with 8gb of GDDR5, enjoy it. Ill enjoy my R290 or GTX780 that is soon coming :D

To boot, AMD is increasing the bus size to 512bit. That does help things along and it seems they are getting 4gb. Im not sure what the issue is here?

Right now not much can be said because final specs still unknown, prehaps today we will know the deal? I wont move from my spot: 3+4 GB = way to go.

Btw: How comes a XBoxOne vs. PS4 is 50% lesser GPU performance in term the games are GPU limited? Sounds like fail. Although some optimists are sprouting: The XboxOne will have much better coding and the PS4 will bite the dust by its supreme coding, so same could probably be said when it comes to computers in general... we need coding prehaps more than hardware? Ultimately, why not both at once?

Last edited:
It's not cost effective to code games to the metal, like they do on consoles...you need broader optimizations that work on most hardware since people don't use a unique configuration for their pcs.

Don't stray too far off the topic though, we're discussing the new Radeon R9 series here.
Personally, I might have to sell my 7970s and go for one of these me thinks...If they mine at 2x the speed of a 6970 and draw 250w-300w I'm sold.

FALLING FALLING FALLING FALLING.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7368/amd-gpu-product-showcase-live-blog

AnandTech Live Blog: The newest updates are at the top. This page will auto-update, there's no need to manually refresh your browser.

03:19PM EDT - It may be as long as 30 to 45 minutes. AMD wants to have a working live Stream so that they can directly show off the materials they're presenting

03:18PM EDT - AMD's Chris Hook just took the stage, explaining the problem with YouTube and the delay

wonder if those pics are of some pre-production card. as there appears to be nary a crossfire bridge landing.
seems a poor start to what may be a nice card. wow, talk about bad luck, or is it sabatoge? hehe.... where is nvidia right now!

Check the livestream thread. I'm posting updates and pictures as the livestream progresses.

wonder if those pics are of some pre-production card. as there appears to be nary a crossfire bridge landing.
seems a poor start to what may be a nice card. wow, talk about bad luck, or is it sabatoge? hehe.... where is nvidia right now!
CFx is supposed to be handled through PCIe.

I just want to make sure I didnt miss it. They have NOT given a price on the R9 290X, correct? I saw prices on the other just not that one.

Use your time wisely:

th

Back