• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

scores coming soon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclocking101

Registered
hey all. just bought a new ssd and GTX760 4GB for my benching rig. I no I havent been active in a while but my bencher had the ssd (corsair force 115gb) brick out. But with my new gpu and ssd coming also some new LC parts ill be up and benching in no time. my i7 875k is a tad out dated but it can still hang, I just cant justify buying a new haswell setup and whats the point in ivy bridge now?

Welcome overclocking101!

Nice hardware pick ups! Look forward to seeing what you can pull with your setup!

Looking forward to it...

That said, the point of those processors are, for benchmarking, they will give you much higher scores. 3DMark 06, Vantage, 11, and 3DMark (Fire Strike), all have Physics tests that run on the CPU. The more threads and faster the CPU, the better scores you will get. For example, at the same clocks all around on the GPU with only the CPU switched (and also at the same clocks), the modern processors will score much higher.

hmmm. ill have to test them with my setup as high as I can get it. and see what happens. I'll get some dry ice and max it.

got it all up and running gonna try a fresh windows install but a quick run with the i7 at 4ghz GTX760 at 1045core and 1550mem got barely over 8k in 3d11 performnce.

ok so after much self debate of to haswell or not to haswell. I have decided not to haswell but I do believe my board is limiting my oc due to more then 4gb of ram. with just 4gb I can oc to 4.5ghz benching but even with 2x4gb it wont run most benches much over 4.2ghz. BUT I was able to get a gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4P on the cheap and a XSPC water block. so as soon as its all up ill post some serious benches but here are a few hwbot links for some quick runs:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2514402_philbrown_23_3dmark11___performance_geforce_gtx_760_8183_marks
http://hwbot.org/submission/2514409...age___performance_geforce_gtx_760_27657_marks

Be sure to look at the HWBot rules closely, you have key portions of the screenshots hidden.

Back