• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF & OCA Benching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Witchdoctor

Funsoul and myself are having a benching get together this week on the 19th in the Amish country of Lancaster, PA

I am hopeful this will be a spring board for many bencher's to get together here in the Northeast. What team you are on makes little difference as this is just for the fun of it.

Maybe next one I host I can get Funsoul, Scott and Earthdog to participate as they are not to awful far away.

It is going to be a lot of fun getting prospective on how others approach benching. For me it is simple, get down and dirty cold, line um up and knock um down. If we get any runs worth posting we will throw them in here.

Should be a nice time and when we are done throw some big fat steaks on thegrill with some fresh homegrown sweet corn and crack a couple of cold one's

we will try to get some of the action in some pics and possibly some low grade phone video

I will be hoping to get some 780Ti results along with some GTX460 action

My Favorite benching song FTW

I would love to meet up with you guys! I may swing up as an observer for a little while if the wife lets me (I am working a TON this week so I may not be able to go out since she has the kids day and night... bleh!)...

But next time, LMK for sure.. if I plan on it, and its that close...Im there!

Last edited:
That should be a lot of fun for you two. I know FS has been doing a ton of prep work.

Can't wait to see the pictures/videos/submissions from this session!

Also, benching needs more metal \m/ d|>_<|b \m/

Hit you with my info ED , let me know if your in the area. :thup:

I hear ya Johan, Funsoul has a ton of hardware and then some :comp:

More Metal .............

Although I thought the last time Funsoul got things wound up it went more like this

Wow guys, that is some hard stuff, TBH I am more into a mellow type of groove ,

Wow guys, that is some hard stuff, TBH I am more into a mellow type of groove ,

Oh man, my benching playlist includes FFDP, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, etc etc.

Gotta get my heavy on, it helps me apply the voltage liberally!

Growing up in the early 80's didn't have a whole lot to choose from on the radio and I was already into BlackSabbath and Judas priest, Iron Maiden. I think they called it gateway music so this was just a natural progression for me. :rofl:

Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses FTW Atmin :thup:

Sounds like you two are going to have a blast WD I want to see some results!

We will have some results
It remains to be seen if they will be any good or not
Shooting for 1700+ on the core
Hoping this humidity takes a break or we will need some O2 to go along with the LN2 :p

When I finally find any good 2-4 core chip then I have to rerun GTX780. Last time I had up to 1610MHz but I think it can make some more. I won't be surprised if I get new gfx card before I find good benching CPU.

Wrong side of PA lol. Hoping to get some benching done come fall/winter not enough time now. Time to stock up on some cheap hardware, still have only done one cold session with Matt and haven't even used my DICE pot.

I hope the hardware cooperates and the scores roll in, but most of all have fun.

:blah:
When I finally find any good 2-4 core chip then I have to rerun GTX780. Last time I had up to 1610MHz but I think it can make some more. I won't be surprised if I get new gfx card before I find good benching CPU.

I hear feel the pain too, My CPU bites it, but going to milk it for what its worth

@ xsuperbgx

Thanks, fun is the primary goal :thup:

stripped down my board to get ready to go

Attachments

• DSCF1563.JPG
    DSCF1563.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 103
when the fun gets going it's the datsuns, the vines and the best driving music for down on the rally course is lightnin slim!!!!!

Maybe next one I host I can get Funsoul, Scott and Earthdog to participate as they are not to awful far away.

Soon Brian. I can be in Lancaster in less than 4 hours. :)

Growing up in the early 80's didn't have a whole lot to choose from on the radio and I was already into BlackSabbath and Judas priest, Iron Maiden.

You have good taste. All my favorites. :)

Back