• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I actally got suckered into buying a new gen console.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sulretal

I should never visit forums =/

I bought a Wii at eb Games because he had one there, and I remembered how a month ago I wanted to purchase one, so I did it. Bought a one year warranty and Resident Evil 4. When Tiger Woods 08' comes out I will be getting it, along with another wii-mote and numb chuck and composite cables.

I'm updating the system's firmware now with my wireless connection ;)
Any good games to recommend? I also bought a wii because of super smash bros. Brawl, not to mention now I can go buy Melee.

How is the new Zelda game? The last Zelda I played seriously was Ocarina of Time. I loathed the 3 day time system in Majora's mask so I never beat it.

Resident Evil 4 is so much more intense on the Wii! I've beaten the game many times, but this new control scheme is really enjoyable, worth 26.99 for used.

Know of any good deals on SD cards? I was thinking of getting a 4 gig or 6 gig, not sure if I'll need it though or what I'll have to use the sd card for.

Is the Wii Cooler system worth the purchase? I could provide a link later on but essentially is a stand for the wii that claims to cool it significantly.

Hmm, decisions decisions...

How is the opera browser? I have to pay 5.00 USD (500 points) for it but before june 2007 it was free to download. Worth the money?

sulretal said:
How is the opera browser? I have to pay 5.00 USD (500 points) for it but before june 2007 it was free to download. Worth the money?

Meh not really worth the money if you have a laptop or a computer close to your tv. It does not have the largest amount of memory so sometimes youtube videos will not fully load.

As for RE4 I think it is so far the best game out on the wii. I ahve palyed it 5 or 6 times now and still love it.

I thought you said you bought a next gen console? Oh no... You said "NEW" gen... My bad. ;)

The Wii doesn't support cards bigger than 2GB, so don't bother getting a 4GB one.

There are quite a few good games both out and upcoming, including but not limited to the following:

Super Swing Golf
SSX Blur
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head. Also, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is being released near the end of this month.

There are also more than a few Virtual Console games worth getting, including but not limited to Paper Mario, Metroid and Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and lots of others.

As for the web browser, well, if you've got 500 points to burn, I'd say go for it. It's not bad, but the novelty wears off pretty freaking quick.

Also, don't bother with a fan attachment. They do more damage than good most of the time.

rainless said:
I thought you said you bought a next gen console? Oh no... You said "NEW" gen... My bad. ;)

There's the Rainless I know and love (in a non-gay way) ;)

Try Strikers, it's good fun. I really enjoy it, and I'm NOT much of a "arcade" soccer game fan.

Agreed. Strikers is pretty fun, and just came out. Plus, it has online play, so you can make use of your wireless connection as well!

The Wii doesn't get hot (except for a few cases where people left them on to get autoupdates), so the cooler is a waste IMO. If you haven't got one yet, I'd suggest getting an additional controller with Wii-Play. A couple of good games that haven't been mentioned yet are GodFather, Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers.

Oni said:
There's the Rainless I know and love (in a non-gay way) ;)

Oh, come on Oni, don't be afraid of a little man-on-man lovin, ;)

WiiPlay for sure! Also a good idea to get the silicone skins for the controllers, I've had the Wiimote almost slip out of my hand a few times.

Don't forget Wario Ware for random, pointless (albeit fun) mini-games. It was worth the $30 used on Ebay for me. Wii games don't seem to be depreciating in value very fast at all.

you opted for a new/next-gen console and went with the wii? (j/k)

but to each his own. my opinion, the current price on the wii ($350) isint worth it, when you can get new 360s for less than $200 or a ps3 for $350.
i just hope your not one of the many who gets bored of the wii 'fun-factor'

you opted for a new/next-gen console and went with the wii? (j/k)

but to each his own. my opinion, the current price on the wii ($350) isint worth it, when you can get new 360s for less than $200 or a ps3 for $350.
i just hope your not one of the many who gets bored of the wii 'fun-factor'

Now how do you figure that out?

Wii = $250
X360 (the one you really want) = $350
PS3 = $500.

Did they ever port Lemmings to the Wii? For some reason, that sounds like a fun game to play on that platform.

considering you can buy a wii in store for $250 without much effort, the markup on used/newbut-not-retail systems should dissapear pretty soon.

Also, they're reaching early adopter market saturation, with 10Million Wii's shipped.(http://nexgenwars.com/)

Anyway, yea, once I can start picking up a wii wth a couple accessories/games for ~$200 I'll jump back on that I think...

Back