• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwaki MD-15R Installed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well after much research, planning and trial and error, I have found the ideal pump for my setup. I wanted to go with a bigger pump, the Iwaki MD-30RZ but the thing is just WAY too big. Since I love my case, another alternative was needed. After much time checking ebay for the MD-15R, I finally found one brand new for a great price and I couldn't pass it up. It is roughly the same size as the Eheim 1250 but is significantly more powerful while only consuming 2 more watts of power (28 vs. 30). Some may think that the Eheim flows more GPH, and it does at ZERO head. In pushing water through a h20 cooled computer, head is the biggest factor to consider when looking for pumps, NOT GPH. For instance, the Eheim 1250 flows 317GPH @ 0 head with a max head of 2 meters. The Iwaki MD-15R flows 300GPH @ 0 head with a max head of 3.4 meters, almost twice as much head as the Eheim 1250. So which pump is going to flow more in my system? The Iwaki by a long shot! Anyway, here are some pics. I would highly recommend this pump to anyone considering an Eheim 1250.

inside.jpg

close.jpg

veryclosecompare.jpg

And how is this wired? Does the 3.5inch bays fit next to the pump so they are still usable. What are your new temps?

Nice pump, I always shyed away from that brand as I'm limited on space. I never knew about that model. I'll keep it in mind when I goto upgrade my pump, it seems to be just what the doctor ordered 8)

peace.
unloaded

The Spyder said:
And how is this wired? Does the 3.5inch bays fit next to the pump so they are still usable. What are your new temps?
The pump is wired with a relay, and yes, the 3.5 bays fit right in. As for temps, don't really know yet, the asus probe reads insocket, when MBM is available for NF2, we'll see. Here are some pics:

Wiring:
side.jpg

Case with everything inside, can't even see the pump:
fullinside.jpg

awesome man! are you gonna be able to tell us if your temps improoved? I sure hope so!

Overbrazil said:
very nice pump nik. How about the noise ??
Well when just the pump is running for bleeding, it is louder than the 1250, but it is not loud at all. If you look closely at the pics, I cut up a mouse pad and glued pieces of it to the bracket and at the bottom of the pump where it rests on the core. With the system running you can't hear it at all...

Back