• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD HELP PLEASE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prpz

Ok I bought a SSD OCZ Vertex 60GB ran some tests on it seemed fine HD TUNE max Reads were about 200ish Os Is Windows 7 64 bit rated it 7.2. I upgraded my system did a complete install...got a Asus Rampage Gene II Motherboard OCD my CPU and added another SSD same stats. Pluged them into SATA I AND II pushed CTRL + I to enter the intel onboard RAID in bios Configured Sata Operation as Raid Created Raid 0 128KB Named it Windows 120GB total size. Booted from CD recognized the drive installed windows 7 again and...HD Tune says max read is now 240 windows 7 rating unchanged ran some more tests.....same....I was under the influence these guys should be doing like 400mb plus in raid 0 did I do something wrong does this make sense is it normal? or am I just paranoid, Any input would be welcome....

For two ssds and a mobo raid controller no way. Your not going to double the bandwidth with that controller and two ssds. You won't even get that with two ssds with a hardware controller

Ah So I would need a hardware conroller? Ok Im learning something new, point me in a direction if you dont mind.....I also flashed the firmware re installed everuthing and my rating went up to 7.7 in W7 which is kind of what I was hoping, Yeah thank for the input man could you reccomend me a hardware controller? I need one that will do with these two solid states dont need anything with support for more than two drives I guess just decent......thnx

A good hardware controller is expensive, think 400$ + and bunch of them have prob with the vertex right now. Highpoint, Adaptec ect... are working on firmware/drivers at the moment I'll wait untill they come out with something, I have a Highpoint RocketRaid 4310 sitting in a drawer right now...... Take a peek at Oczforum I'm not an Intel guy but I think you need to install the Intel Matrix drivers, just ask question over there they are really good guys

Back