• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen won't stop flickering.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Younglin

running a ati 5750 with catalyst version 11.5. My secondary monitor won't stop flickering and was wondering if anyone had a solution? I was thinking of editing the default clocks to be higher, any thoughts?

check your cable, try another. Swap monitors. Check both outputs with a single monitor, if the problem does not exist on either output with a single monitor, you should uninstall drivers and reinstall, up PCIE frequency in bios above 100mhz.

First though, make sure it's not a cable or the card.

Chaiyz

Try making a profile for 2d clocks. If I remember, the multi-screen flicker occurs when the clocks are too low. I've always had to make a 2d and 3d profile when OCing with AMD cards to avoid the flickering.

Might be the monitor itself!!! I had an old Hanns-G monitor that was probably powered on for a few years and started doing that,, I promptly sold (for like $20 LOL) it before It became a problem.

Back