• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
picked up new chip today at MC and is only good for 4.4 @ 1.2 volts and 2133 for rams. chip wont do 2400 on mem that has done 2750 on ivy. ran xtu at said 4.4ghz and scored 1087 but very saddened by my bad luck lately.
could be worse though, at least its better than the first chip

Gosh my 4770K sucks.

1.264V under load, getting to 90C on a NH-D14. 4.3GHz stable. RAM stock at 1600-8-8-8-24-1.35V.

I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow. Didn't try pushing the RAM.

(Also debating delidding this thing.)

Last edited:
Gosh my 4770K sucks.

1.264V under load, getting to 90C on a NH-D14. 4.3GHz stable. RAM stock at 1600-8-8-8-24-1.35V.

I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow. Didn't try pushing the RAM.

(Also debating delidding this thing.)

Awe man that sucks! I have one of my backup profiles at that voltage for 4.5 and mine's an "OK" overclocker. Try buying another one with a different batch # and see if you can return the other.

I think 47x is is going to be my 24/7 daily overclock. I can run/bench 48x but my chip doesn't seem to be fully stable while "crunching" Rosetta at 4.8 as I'm still getting some random BSOD while running 100% load. I've been able to run some Hynix CFR/MFR 2x4GB kits at DDR3-2800(+) but I've decided on running Samsung rev.D 4x4GB at 2666 for daily 24/7 usage. Now running custom water cooling.

I think 47x is is going to be my 24/7 daily overclock. I can run/bench 48x but my chip doesn't seem to be fully stable while "crunching" Rosetta at 4.8 as I'm still getting some random BSOD while running 100% load. I've been able to run some Hynix CFR/MFR 2x4GB kits at DDR3-2800(+) but I've decided on running Samsung rev.D 4x4GB at 2666 for daily 24/7 usage. Now running custom water cooling.

Nice voltage running same clocks on my 4760k needs 1.36v

Hello, just joined this forum to post my results of my 4670k. It has been a while since I've upgraded (had a wolfdale 8600 790i setup for a long time and built my friends 2600k setup) and having a bit of a challenge with this chipset.

I've gotten it stable also at 4.6ghz but at 1.35v @ 61C which seems like a huge jump to make to achieve a nominal 200mhz increase over 4.4ghz @ 1.255v (an increase of .095v more to achieve 4.6ghz)

But anyways, I just have a one questions regarding overclocking these new chipsets.

1. Is there a way to keep the clock speed at the turboed amount 24/7 without dropping back down to 3.4ghz?

I will add my info into the Google drive and I've attached a screenshot of the 4.4ghz stable OC.

Last edited:
Currently I've been able to lower the voltage for 4.7 to 1.385 down from 1.4 so if a mod want's to change it on the list go for it. Will post screenshots tomorrow. Will delid once my new Swiftech pump get's here.

Hello, just joined this forum to post my results of my 4670k. It has been a while since I've upgraded (had a wolfdale 8600 790i setup for a long time and built my friends 2600k setup) and having a bit of a challenge with this chipset.

I've gotten it stable also at 4.6ghz but at 1.35v @ 61C which seems like a huge jump to make to achieve a nominal 200mhz increase over 4.4ghz @ 1.255v (an increase of .095v more to achieve 4.6ghz)

But anyways, I just have a one questions regarding overclocking these new chipsets.

1. Is there a way to keep the clock speed at the turboed amount 24/7 without dropping back down to 3.4ghz?

I will add my info into the Google drive and I've attached a screenshot of the 4.4ghz stable OC.

With haswell the temps are very much dependent on the voltage you need .
If you go in to the bios and turn off speed step and Ce1 , as well as goto the power settings in windows you will say @ your OC 24/7 . But I have found no downfall using the enegery saving features , Still overclocks fine .

I plan on starting to play with adaptive voltage so I can get the low power states that haswell if famous for @ idle vs the same voltage all the time on manual

With haswell the temps are very much dependent on the voltage you need .
If you go in to the bios and turn off speed step and Ce1 , as well as goto the power settings in windows you will say @ your OC 24/7 . But I have found no downfall using the enegery saving features , Still overclocks fine .

I plan on starting to play with adaptive voltage so I can get the low power states that haswell if famous for @ idle vs the same voltage all the time on manual

Thanks Console, Not used to these new power saving chipsets. So used to setting FSB and Multi and tinkering away :)

Got it to 4.4ghz all the time. Temps don't really matter to me, using a 12 TEc chiller Boreas, Idles as low as 9C if I let it idle (15-17c if using web browser) and gets to high 50s when benching.

Thanks Console, Not used to these new power saving chipsets. So used to setting FSB and Multi and tinkering away :)

Got it to 4.4ghz all the time. Temps don't really matter to me, using a 12 TEc chiller Boreas, Idles as low as 9C if I let it idle (15-17c if using web browser) and gets to high 50s when benching.

50 is more than fine if you Download aida64 you can see when your system starts throttling ( ~95c) , have you tryed to push it to high clocks ? I was not able to get my system to boot @ 5ghz even with 1.47v . One of these days I might need to break out my bucket with ice/ my rad in it to see if I can get the 5ghz shot.

I did the same upgrade you did i went from a e8400/780i to the 4670k

50 is more than fine if you Download aida64 you can see when your system starts throttling ( ~95c) , have you tryed to push it to high clocks ? I was not able to get my system to boot @ 5ghz even with 1.47v . One of these days I might need to break out my bucket with ice/ my rad in it to see if I can get the 5ghz shot.

I did the same upgrade you did i went from a e8400/780i to the 4670k

I haven't tried to push it to higher clocks due to seeing it needs .095v more volts to gain 200mhz over 4.4ghz and be stable. It did produce a noticeable more heat, so it does not seem like something I would want to have 24/7 on like that. Seems like I got one of the crappier chips from this batch :/

I was able to get to 4.8. Do I just re enter it?

4.8 ghz/1.45V/2.0VCCIN/4.0Ring/1.2RingV. Undelided. Will see if I can lower Vcore.
48_zps887b06b5.png

You'll want to use a multi-threaded stress test to find 24/7 stability. With all cores working, you'll get a better idea of temps and stability.

Anyways, yes, you can re-enter results to update. We can just delete the old result. If you're submitting results of a different CPU, then we would keep both results.

You'll want to use a multi-threaded stress test to find 24/7 stability. With all cores working, you'll get a better idea of temps and stability.

Anyways, yes, you can re-enter results to update. We can just delete the old result. If you're submitting results of a different CPU, then we would keep both results.

Not gonna bother. It's not 24/7 stable.

What do you say ? good to go ?
(My chip inst good, requires Vcore of 1.310 or more to keep 4.4 stable...)
This is what I got using 4.3@ and RAM on XMP1 (V-1.65 . 2667mhz.11-13-13-35)

View attachment 130094

Last edited by a moderator:
Back