• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp check 3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, you would return a perfectly working chip? Intel warranties the CPUs for their stock speed and voltage. If you lose in the silicon lottery, you lose. You shouldn't RMA a poor overclocking chip... How would you do that and tell the truth? Intel will not RMA a CPU if you tell them its a poor overclocker. The other way is to lie.....and we do not condone that activity here.

So, you would return a perfectly working chip? Intel warranties the CPUs for their stock speed and voltage. If you lose in the silicon lottery, you lose. You shouldn't RMA a poor overclocking chip... How would you do that and tell the truth? Intel will not RMA a CPU if you tell them its a poor overclocker. The other way is to lie.....and we do not condone that activity here.

Woa woa woa. No one is talking about lying. But where i live it is normal practice to return something that you are not happy with. No one said hey call intel tell them its broken. There is normally a 30 day return/exchange policy from normal businesses that are also on most occasions no hassle no questions asked. In this case it is a CPU for example you can exchange it for another one from lets say new egg within 30days.

These things are not cheap and lets be realistic. Main reason to buy a K series is to in fact to overclock. Granted you are right it is from what has been told a perfectlty working chip. But by this logic if i buy a blanket for 100$ and i hate the way it feels i should just keep it and deal with rather than exchanging it for something I like.

Basically that is all i am saying. NO offense intended.

after that being said a 4.4 is still a nice overclock for a stock 3.5 cpu.

I dont know. I guess I wouldn't return it regardless as it works at stock. ;)

The blanket analogy is two different things though. The blanket's intent is to keep you warm, and it did that. If you didn't touch the thing before you bought it, that is a different problem in and of itself. :p

I dont know. I guess I wouldn't return it regardless as it works at stock. ;)

The blanket analogy is two different things though. The blanket's intent is to keep you warm, and it did that. If you didn't touch the thing before you bought it, that is a different problem in and of itself. :p

Well i used the blanket for that reason even though the original intent is to keep you warm and that it does, simply put you dont like it and exchange for another one.

But i also see your point. And being a business owner myself its a real setback when someone lies just to return something. But i have no problems exchanging an item with someone if they are not happy.

Like i said no offense intended. And integrity IMO is what defines us. so i agree with you 100% but for $300 i am going to be happy haha :D

Way past the 30 day mark :p had it for almost 2 years now I think, or at least feels that way lol. So no worries on that, besides, coming from a 4170, I can't complain about the chip at all.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't mind trying the de-lid, if for no other reason than to do it, just to see if I can. I just don't have the ability to replace the chip if I screw it up.

Thing is, even after a de-lid, while it may cool the temps off nicely, I just don't think my chip would respond to higher clocks.

I think I stopped my pursuit of 4.5 around 1.38 setting in bios and forget offhand what cpuz was reading.

Outside of goofing around with the bclock some, idt I can push much more out of it. I'm not to upset with a bump from 3.4 to 4.4. I was just amazed at how much of a voltage boost I had to do to go from 4.2 to 4.4. Iirc, I didn't need much if any to get 4.2 stable, but just to get it to boot past that so I could run P95, I had to keep upping voltage to what seemed like 1.25, just to get into windows without an error or restart loop.

Back