• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock 990fx Fatal1ty Killer on going review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
May the Fatlady rest in pieces, taken before her time at the hands of a nasty PSU.

Rotten luck there Bob...
Sounds like it's time for one of those SuperNova G2 units :thup:

May the Fatlady rest in pieces, taken before her time at the hands of a nasty PSU.

I guess you'd say she sang her last overclock

Next of kin are being notified...

...Funeral arrangements still open. There may be an autopsy performed at the company level, so body viewing and watch to be announced. So full funeral arrangements are still uncertain. Cards, flowers and money to be sent to the family of the deceased. It does seem as 'if' the FatLady has sung her last. RIP.

RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:screwy:

Yup. Was pretty bummed how quickly everything let go when I put the new psu in. Weird stuff started happening, my hdd ' didn't load, had to do them one at a time (annoying). Then it started freezing and/or restarting with no warning... then the ram stopped working, then it stopped displaying through pcie lol.

After desperately hoping it was the ram, I narrowed it down to the motherboard at least....

Fwiw. Anyone reading this, the time of death is too coincidental with my ancient psu death. My fault, should have gotten a proper psu sooner. I would still highly recommend this board for the gamer who wants to get a solid moderate overclock on air. Board is simple and effective at what it does.

I was wondering if that was going to be pointed out. This is no fault of the motherboard, it didn't fail. The PSU failed and took out the Motherboard as a result. If I'm reading this correctly.

I was wondering if that was going to be pointed out. This is no fault of the motherboard, it didn't fail. The PSU failed and took out the Motherboard as a result. If I'm reading this correctly.

With lack of testing, its impossible to say this wasn't some cosmic coincidence, HOWEVER the timing and lack of any problems at all before certainly points to this conclusion.

I will be ceremoniously dismantling my TX 700 ala "Office Space" style :p

Back