• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A55 chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i GOT SOME REALLY BAD NEWS FOR YOU BUDDY.

... Go on. :popcorn:

I used one in a low-budget build for an older woman who doesn't need SATA III or USB 3.0

She just needed email, Facebook, and Microsoft Word.

I did throw in an SSHD for faster boot-up. Hardly any difference between SATA II and III for just that.

I can't find the the posts where I originally read about issues with that chipset but iirc a number of ppl had issues installing win8. With a better chipset for the same price, I just avoided it altogether.

the bad news is i have a board with that chipset now, i came about it in such a stupid fashion.
my little woman was out shopping in the city and called,
her, we are at you favorite toy store, you friend that manages the plce would like to know if you would like any thing.

me, yea, sweetie, the cheapest cpu/motherboard combo he has ( not even thinking that they dont know i am selling off all my amd stuff)

her, ok see you when we get back.

yea, a frigging A6-6400k and a gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2, just what I wanted...........

the bad thing is I have it, the less than that bad is that i'm only into it for about a hundred bucks.
I have my hd 7770's and a 7850 around i can plug into it. or, a much better idea comes to mind.........

I'll either thow it in a case and give it a spin, OR, even SMARTER, thow it in a case and give it to one of the guys at the shop for the kids......

this stinking board is so TINY!!!!! I might not be able to find it if I put the poor thing in the case!!!!

Back