• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Mouse do you use for Gaming Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What mouse do you use for gaming

• Logitech MX500 or MX510

Votes: 235 32.2%
  • Microsoft Optical tilting mouse

Votes: 69 9.5%
  • Wireless Logitech MX1000 or MX700

Votes: 186 25.5%
  • Wireless Microsoft Optical mouse

Votes: 46 6.3%
  • Razor Boomslang

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Razor Viper

Votes: 37 5.1%
  • Logitech Rollerball

• Microsoft Rollerball

• Plain Jane No Name Optical mouse (Corded or Wireless)

Votes: 90 12.3%
  • Plane Jane No Name Standard BALL Mouse.

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Trackball of somesort.

Votes: 26 3.6%

• Total voters
I have an old school logitech corded optical, Im afraid to get a new mouse cause all I can game on is this mouse, and i dont want to lose my skill.

i try not to give brand loyility but logitech mise/keybords are just so well made, mx1000 untill g7 drops in price. logitech elite for 3 years till i spilled on it , now media eleite.

I use an MX518, so I just voted MX500 / 510. Great mouse, I couldn't ask for anything more. I've tried the Razor and it felt awkward, of course I went from an MX310 to a MX518 (That wasn't pleasant at ALL).

the Logitech G5 absolutely Owns so hard, I love it, when Playing DoD switching the mouse sensitivity helps so much

Currently an MX700... it isn't very precise (so turn down your sens) and it is heavy... BUT it never skips or hiccups, so you can count on it. That being said, it is not the ideal gaming mouse, but if you get used to it, you can still play damn well with it. It took me a while (weeks) to adapt to it, my previous mouse being the best damn ball mouse ever... (some light logitech)

G5 ftw. I will keep using this thing until USB is defunct, then I will mod the mouse to whatever they have then. I love this mouse, grippy texture, back button, tilting wheel ( I'll never get another mouse without it ) and the ultra useless weight thingy :beer:

LOL thread resurrection

logitech vx revolution

though it is not mentioned on the poll I love this mouse. wireless, great sensitivity and plenty of buttons.

I use an old Microsoft Itellimouse Exlorer, I think it's a version 5. I paid somewhere around $30 years ago for it. It's got 5 buttons, two of them side buttons which is nice for gaming. I'll probably use it until it dies completely.

The G5 Rules them all, I have an mx518 my brother got a g5 and its very very very nice. the adjustable wieght is so awsome. it realy lets you aim with precision.

500 Stars

got an mx1000 which i recently broke one of the buttons on. so i wipped out my old logitech trackman and opened it up, thank god they used the same buttons. so i swapped the buttons over a voila :D my mx1000 was fixed. unlucky tho fixing the trackman back up didnt go so well :'(

A little late for me to be getting in on this thread perhaps, but +1 vote for my MX1000 Laser. I used to use a 2x optical by logitech which i thought was pretty good untill i got this thing almost 2 years ago now. the built in battery is a godsend, the tracking is exceptional and when im actully feeling like programming my mouse buttons for my games, that rules too.
Does'nt seem to wanna play nice with firefox though for some reason <_< forward and back works fine in kmelon and *shudder* ie... but not FF..
Also, i used the horizontal scroll a lot more than i do now when i had my old crt.. had to run 1024x768 to keep the refresh rate acceptable, so i used the H-scroll almost religiously. now that im running widescreen i dont use it much at all but the up/down scroll buttons kick *** when navigating big sites =)

I currently have on my rigs MX518, G5, MX510 and a G7. I like the G7 most and use that on my gaming rig. I use the G5 on my laptop when I game on that.

Back