• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monero, XMR (aka MRO)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heads up - the Claymore miner is now on v4.0.

I'm personally taking a break for the day - wanted to see how the rigs did at Waffle with the new 14.6 x11 miner, and am tired of helping Claymore get his gigantic stash of XMR. Currently seems more profitable, but I'll be switching back to Monero tomorrow. Can't afford to buy back in, so I'll settle for just mining it.

Hope to order me up my first 280X next week. I know it's not currently better than my 7950 is on this coin, but this coin isn't the only factor in that decision.

Don't have any BTC right now, but this is too tempting... going to do something at last with the 3.5 DRK I was still holding.

Looks like the pools are talking about blocking Claymore's forced 5% donation in the GPU miner. Meantime, we might actually be close to an open source ATI miner.

Personally, I have my stockpile of XMR, and am mining to sell every two days from here on out. While I'd like to play the waiting game for the next big pump, I can't really afford to. The 40 XMR I have set aside for that will have to be enough.

Prices are slowly dropping again, I'm still holding and selling off about half a day's earnings (about 4-5XMR) to keep myself afloat. Currently holding onto about 20 XMR.

I switched from extremehash back to http://xmr-master.crypto-pool.fr/# as their hashrate has surpassed extremehash. Will see how the payout is from them.

Also upgraded my clients to client 4.0, haven't noticed any real increase in overall hash rate over 3.3.

About how long does a transaction take? I sent 30 xmr to mintpal over an hour ago and it hasn't shown up yet. It was my first time moving coins out of my wallet. I typed transfer 1 <address> 30 1 = 'mixin' and I don't know what that is. Did I goof?

I haven't used mintpal, but I think the exchanges use a single wallet for all deposits. So you have to use the transaction ID so they know that it is from you.

I haven't used mintpal, but I think the exchanges use a single wallet for all deposits. So you have to use the transaction ID so they know that it is from you.

I see what you mean now, I sent them without a transaction ID... probably need to get in touch with mintpal support to sort that out?

It gives your an example on the site.

Transfer 0 deposit ID # paymentID

I made that mistake at poloniex. After a few days they credited account after I gave them the transaction id's and such. I hope you have such luck with mintpal

Last edited:
Back