• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU mining Heavycoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This doesn't seem all that great, from a 14.5 hour test I've earned about 200HVC, which at my rates (100MH/s) gives me approximately 13.79HVC/hour or 331HVC/day. At a favorable .00004btc/hvc ratio that ends up being about .0132btc/day for a 3.1MH/s scrypt machine. So not even .005/mh

Going to switch back to vert me thinks unless my math is wrong there.

Diff has skyrocketed.., The upside to less BTC is the less amount of heat and electricity

I'd rather mine scrypt n coins on amd hardware these days...mine and hold and wait for a price jump in two months or so.

gpucoin, execoin and vert alternate on best profitability and are more stable than the latest scrypt crap coins that whatmine show on top.

Another excellent option is myriad coin, monitor the algos profitability here: http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/

Groestl, skein and qubit will draw way less power than scrypt or scrypt n...same can be said about coins using darkcoin's x11 algo, keep those in the radar...as well as scrypt-chacha coins like cachecoin, ultracoin and yacoin.

Those are my favorites.

Example: skein myriad with 3.1mh/s shows 0.021164692 btc per day selling at poloniex.

Started to mine HVC yesterday. It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I've been doing some rough math. Basically, it looks like it pays lower than altcoin pools. Not sure I want to stick with them even though my rigs run cooler and use less electricity.

This doesn't seem all that great, from a 14.5 hour test I've earned about 200HVC, which at my rates (100MH/s) gives me approximately 13.79HVC/hour or 331HVC/day. At a favorable .00004btc/hvc ratio that ends up being about .0132btc/day for a 3.1MH/s scrypt machine. So not even .005/mh

Going to switch back to vert me thinks unless my math is wrong there.

I don't think your math is that far off. I'm getting something similar.

I'm getting about 410-500 HVC per day on 8 280x, which is barely 0.02 BTC. Altcoin pools easily yield me 0.02 - 0.028 BTC.

Back