• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EHIME 1250 is leaking need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
I got a small leak in my EHIME (seems to be the main seal where the impeller is housed) so needless to say I need to find an O-ring or rebuild kit for my 1250. So my question is dose anyone here have a good place to get one!?
Thanks,
Stedeman
PS it's on my Dually and I don't want to stop folding so I am letting it go till I can replace the O-ring (unless it starts leaking bad)

Have you tried taking it apart and just reseating the Oring? That would seem the best bet, other then replacing it.

The best thing would be to replace the O-ring. Just make sure its the o-ring thats causing the problem by simply inspecting it visually. Home-Depot or any hard-ware stores have various o-rings. Just take the o-ring you have now and bring it to the store then match it.

If o-ring is not found you can just seal the impeller housing with silicon sealant. Just like what Jfettig recommended for a Mag3 at his site www.wc101.com

Just wondering... how long have you had the pump?

The Spyder said:
Have you tried taking it apart and just reseating the Oring? That would seem the best bet, other then replacing it.
Yes I did that and I even added some light oil as well. I bought it used a while back and I think the O-ring was replaced because it is very loose and it seems too thin for the channel it sits in. In my job I have to rebuild cylinders all the time so I have a good feel for O-rings and this one while looking to be in good shape (no nicks) seems wrong, but I could also be wrong anyone else have a 1250 and look at the O-ring and feel it was to thin for the channel it sits in too?
ILikeMy240sx said:
The best thing would be to replace the O-ring. Just make sure its the o-ring thats causing the problem by simply inspecting it visually. Home-Depot or any hard-ware stores have various o-rings. Just take the o-ring you have now and bring it to the store then match it.

If o-ring is not found you can just seal the impeller housing with silicon sealant. Just like what Jfettig recommended for a Mag3 at his site www.wc101.com

Just wondering... how long have you had the pump?
I want to use the right O-ring and I will not seal the head shut unless I have no other recourse. I feel on a quality pump like the EHIME, I should have no problem "if" I can get the right O-ring (assuming the problem is the O-ring)

Last edited:
heh o-rings on pistons are more hmm advanced than the oring on 1250 so youd prob know if its wrong :p

How bout just putting some silicon sealnt on top of it or something like that...

Wow you guys are quick in the after noon, I edited my above response to answer you before you had posted but by the time I did you had another one

OR if someone knows the right dimensions of the O-ring that would greatly help me out: ID~OD~thickness
Again I thank you for any help
PS I will be off for a while (need to sleep sometimes) back around 11PM-12AM tonight

I needed a part for my 1250 and Eheim sent it to me from their office in Canada. I'm in California. It arrived pretty quick. And they agreed to send it via regular mail, which is not an option on their site, to save me on shipping.
I'll check my pump and get back to you about the o-ring.

The o-ring looks too thin for its channel like you said. It's 44mm dia. and almost 2mm thick.
Mine was leaking from that end because of a broken Holding Ring.
Eheim.com has a parts list in their tech support section.

the oring is put into a groove and i havent seen any probs with mine , kinda scared now but i bought ehiem for the name thats known for quality!

ILikeMy240sx said:
hmm I think this is the first time ive seen people having probs with Eheim pumps...

What exactly is a Holding ring?

The holding ring is what holds the impeller inside the pump. It has four tabs that lock into slots on the pump housing. I broke one of the tabs off by forcing 1/2" nylon braid tubing over the 3/4" inlet on the pump. It was completely my fault. I didn't heat up the tubing or anything, I just shoved it on there and pushed to the side to much.

Stedeman said:
Is the 1250 and 2250 the same pump? I found the O-rings for half the price at www.bigalsonline.com if the 1250 and 2250 are the same pump and they are genuine Eheim parts too.
The 2250 is a canister filter but I have a quite good feeling that its (internal) pumphead is based on the 1250 external pump.
As the O-ring doesn't cost that much you can always try...

CD :)

Back