• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[DEAD DEAL]8800GTS 512mb $170 AMIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was gonna post this but my router decided to hang on me for 10 minutes :bang head

I've been seeing some big price drops on the G92's at the egg too. I think the 9 series is bringing price cuts in the 8's.

I wouldn't expect a warranty to come through from tiger though, but 190 is still a great deal.

they have been around the web after MIR for around 240 lately. i thik the price is due to the upcoming 9800 series

The 9800 series doesn't add much at all though, so I wouldn't think prices would drop so much.

in the average consumers mind though the 9800GTX should be a lot faster than the 8800GTS even if it doesnt turn out that way

WTF

jezus friggin crist thats an insane price... makes me want to buy one...i think ill wait till the stuff commin out in summer tho.

If I had been nVidia, I wouldn't have re-released the 8800GT/GTS with the G92's. I would have held those for the 9 series to make the 9 series really mean something at the high end.

I agree though, this is perception. I just hope that nVidia keeps the 8800GT/GTS G92 alive for a while (and preferably, with the price continuing to drop).

Ok just bit the bullet.
BUT
A BIG WTF. Its asking for the last 4 digits of my Social Security???? Who the hell does that. I paid With a credit card through Pay Pal so I assume I have 2 layers of protection but has any one ever bought from Tiger Direct and been asked to provide the last 4 of your Social?

I don't buy from Tiger... although I might this time, that's an incredible deal. TBH I am not sure I'd trust Tiger with my ss#. Newegg... np, but Tiger... I don't know.

Dang....Now I'm ****ed that I got the 8800GT + Crysis for $207! I could have gotten this GTS & Crysis for $210!!

WTF people!!! Everyone said 8800's weren't going to change anytime soon because the 9800's suck! Dang you!!!

Wow, this is just out of nowhere. But I'm seriously considering grabbing one while the deal is still good (probably not for long). However, I've always stayed away from TD just because of their terrible reputation (mainly w/ MIR's). Yet, the card is still by-far the best deal even if you never get it. Hmmmmmmm.

TD does suck. I was at my friends and he was showing me all this stuff he wanted to buy on TD. I asked if he'd checked the prices on newegg and he was like "What is a newegg?" So I showed him and he was like...you can search, sort, and filter real easy! He was blown away by the prices and shipping.

Product no longer available as per TD's website

Dang, I was just about to bite the bullet on this one too. The funny thing was in the midst of my deciding, I told my roommate and he went and got one before they took it off.

Oh well, chances are they might take back the sale anyways...

Back