• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Announces New Mantle API and Gaming Evolved Partnerships

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

We received a couple of AMD press releases today announcing new partnerships for Gaming Evolved and their Mantle API. Gaming Evolved, is an ISV relationship program which assists game developers in creating and enhancing the PC gaming experience for those using AMD hardware. Partnering with AMD's Gaming Evolved is Rebellion Developments, Square Enix, and Xaviant.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Cool now if we could just see more than 1-2 games with it running, or am I crazy and there is a bunch of games and I just missed them all?

If you have BF4 with the latest update, you can use fraps and check FPS with or without Mantle enabled in the game settings. Once a game comes out that has both a built in benchmark and the ability to use Mantle or not, it'll be a lot easier to test any gains it provides.

Thief has mantle support as of yesterday, and a built in benchmark.

Mantle on my system added about 3 fps on the minimum, 1 fps on the maximum, and half a frame on the average.

I enabled mantel and maxed everything to the limit in bf4 in 64player mp 120fps with really no drops . i have the fps locked though.

but with DX11 it was dropping below 120 all the time.

for me it seems like like a nice minimum/average fps increase in the cpu intensive portions.

setup its used in 3770k @ 4.6 / 8GB DDR3@2666-11-13-11-30-2t / 290x@ 1050/1350.

my other pc 2500k @ 4.7ghz / 1600mhz mem 8gb/7970 @ 1200/1850 is getting 100-120fps with mantel enabled prety solidly too with AUTO settings so mostly high ect.

pretty good improvements imho all around esp on the low fps areas which is really what counts most imho.

Back