• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Noctua Announces New Flagship NH-D15 Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

After years of supremacy atop the air cooling world, the Noctua NH-D14 will finally be replaced with a new flagship heatsink, the NH-D15 of course. This dual tower CPU cooler was announced just a few days ago and should be available within the next few weeks.

The NH-D15 sports a widened fin-stack and more spacious heatpipe placement, which Noctua claims will improve performance. Also included will be Noctua's patentedSecuFirm2 mounting system and NF-A15 PWN fans.Detailed specifications are already available...

... Return to article to continue reading.

Am I the only one that finds Noctua products to be ugly, but beautiful at the same time?

They are pretty nice! The fan color is hit and miss, I like the looks sometimes, roll my eyes other times. I'm probably going to pick one up..

Why are there "open" areas on the top and bottom? It seems like they could do better by adding some smaller fins there.

My guess is that it's more cost-effective to have all the fins the same size - fewer stages in the manufacturing process, easier assembly etc. And with all things considered, would it improve performance at all? Not likely. :)

As fin count is the same I have to wonder how much the cooling is compromised by cutting out part of the bottom 6 fins on each fin pack.

I like the room they left for the memory height.

That may actually be a decent selling point. With my VenX, even though the Kingston blu line has standard height headspreaders instead of oversized heatsinks, I still couldn't get a stick in slot one. Even though I probably won't need it for a while, it sucks knowing I can't install 32gb with this heatsink.

VenX is 63mm deep,31.5 from center of CPU to front
NH-D15 notched fins are 95mm deep. 47.5mm from center of CPU to front.

True Spirit 140 Power with 8mm pipes is 53mm deep, 27.5mm from center of CPU to front and cools as well as NH-D14 SE2011.

Here isthe first review of NH-D15 I've seen.
http://www.modders-inc.com/noctua-nh-d15-dual-tower-cpu-cooler-review/

Very similar performance to PH-TC14PE even though NH-D15 uses 1500rpm 82.52cfm NF-A15 Premium fans compared to first generation PH-TC14PE using 1300rpm 78.1cfm PH-F140TS fans. Current PH-TC14PE coolers come with 1300rpm 88.6cfm PH-F140HP fans. Assuming this review is accurate, with improved PH-F140HP fans now used on PH-TC14PE, it should easily be equal to, maybe even slightly better than NH-D15.

Here isthe first review of NH-D15 I've seen.
http://www.modders-inc.com/noctua-nh-d15-dual-tower-cpu-cooler-review/

Very similar performance to PH-TC14PE even though NH-D15 uses 1500rpm 82.52cfm NF-A15 Premium fans compared to first generation PH-TC14PE using 1300rpm 78.1cfm PH-F140TS fans. Current PH-TC14PE coolers come with 1300rpm 88.6cfm PH-F140HP fans. Assuming this review is accurate, with improved PH-F140HP fans now used on PH-TC14PE, it should easily be equal to, maybe even slightly better than NH-D15.

Looks like the D15 actually pulls ahead on the higher heat loads from the Phanteks, pretty nice review though.

Looks like the D15 actually pulls ahead on the higher heat loads from the Phanteks, pretty nice review though.
With the fans it has compared to the old PH-F140TS It should pull ahead. :p

Switch the fans and my guess is Phanteks will pull farther ahead of D15 than D15 did of Phanteks. :D

I'm waiting on more reviews before making a decision.

Back