• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WATER COOLING FAQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Added to the ultimate water cooling thread. It's not directly making this a sticky, so hopefully it doesn't make it disappear from public view. :p

I am gonna make a grand edit with some of the suggestions here. Keep letting me know what else people asks 'TOO OFTEN', and we can make this forum even more productive. :)

haha, yeah, another question often asked is:

- can I run my tube through the fridge. hehe. i think I read it 4-5 times already too, the answer is 'NO, you will damage your fridge! if you must, AC better, and beware of condensation'. hahah.

just added Biocide/Dye question and answer. :)

Last edited:
And it becomes more than a FAQ so quick. We can't stop ones that know so little and dont realize there is so much.

Keep at it, maybe we can implant a WC chip in everyones head someday.

I am gonna make a grand edit with some of the suggestions here. Keep letting me know what else people asks 'TOO OFTEN', and we can make this forum even more productive. :)

Thanks bluezero5. :thup:

How about "Q: What fans should I get?" and link the answer to your excellent thread you already made "Fans 101: Going Scientific" that explains what makes good rad fans vs. case fans.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709786&highlight=Coolermaster

This should help anyone more easily interpret raw fan testing data. Keep up the good work. :)

And it becomes more than a FAQ so quick. We can't stop ones that know so little and dont realize there is so much.

LOL yeah deciding to whether implant WC chips or Intelligence chips to make people smarter in the real world can be quite a Conundrum your name:)

I know, yes. Only new laws to toss people on a table and implant them against their will will help for the basic common sense and not rushing for 'bigger better now'. But that only comes with age and a hard life of surviving. It's can't be taught, it must be experienced over many years.

WC is a hobby, self taught and takes time to learn on top of having years of the 'human experiance'. It becomes enlightening at about 35 years old, and hopefully money isn't an issue as much as it was when young.

I never even considered WC at your young age, and I applaude you for reaching out to learn so much so soon at limited income. It'll get lots better, lots. Keep at it.

I know, yes. Only new laws to toss people on a table and implant them against their will will help for the basic common sense and not rushing for 'bigger better now'. But that only comes with age and a hard life of surviving. It's can't be taught, it must be experienced over many years.

WC is a hobby, self taught and takes time to learn on top of having years of the 'human experiance'. It becomes enlightening at about 35 years old, and hopefully money isn't an issue as much as it was when young.

I never even considered WC at your young age, and I applaude you for reaching out to learn so much so soon at limited income. It'll get lots better, lots. Keep at it.

I think you're actually very,very funny. I'm going to buy a $35.000 radiator from NASA because my moto rad Isn't enough (sarcasm)

I don't just know about computer stuff but a lot about science/chemistry ,tech and a little about every day life stuff. I'm mainly good at chemistry. I hope to be a chemist when i grow up. A whole life as well as lots and lots of studying ahead of me!

About WCing, not sure how good my case will take drillin 'n' moddin' (joke talk) the case is flimsily as hell. Nothing like the old 1999 cases in teams of thickness of the metal.

Maybe i will use Aluminum L brackets for mounting or not, not sure.

if we was all as knowledgeable as you Conumdrum then you would get bored as you wouldn't get the chance to tell anyone to read the stickies :rofl:

Great post blue! For the beginners its pretty simple and well put in layman terms. I think its great to read this and than go into the more in depth WC for Beginners sticky. I would also add that the MCP35x can be Software/Hardware controlled as it is the first PWM PC Water Pump. Great feature compared to its competitors.

Last edited:
Great post blue! For the beginners its pretty simple and in layman terms. I think its great to read this and than go into the more in depth WC for Beginners sticky. I would also add that the MCP35x can be Software/Hardware controlled as it is the first PWM PC Water Pump. Great feature compared to its competitors.

thanks! I just editted the post after studying some of the suggestions here too.

If anyone think anything needs to be added, just let me know. cheers yall.

Great FAQ. Really helps people like me who are thing about upgrading to WC, although i have read countless articles. This hits on all the major points just briefly enough to get a basic understanding of what you are doing.
I know its common sense but you should add that when filling/checking for leaks/purging air, to make sure the ONLY thing that has power to it is the pump. Otherwise your just asking for trouble.

Updated with some new info, and questions added by requests.

hope it helps.

Back