• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got new monitor do I adjust settings within monitor or in Nvidia control panel ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolf11

I got the Dell P2414H and using a DVI cable, I know this is a good monitor with pretty good calibration out of the box, according to the reviews. Right off the bat the colors look a little flat, but here's the thing though I think the colors would look normal to anybody else. I like my colors to pop out more a little overly saturated bright colors, I don't want my screen to be bright I just want my colors to pop out
Even though they don't look totally natural I like that. I could adjust the vibrancy setting in the Nvidia control panel, but I want to do it the right way.

Also how do I know if my contrast settings within the monitor setting are correct ? Also when I do need to adjust these settings do I use the monitors settings or the Nvidia control panel it's kinda of confusing some of the settings are the same, which to use or both. I would like to brighten the screen a tad but again which settings do I use ?

I got a disc with monitor it says monitor drivers, do I really need to install drivers for this monitor ?

Use the monitor settings to adjust.

The drivers will correspond to the built-in USB hub, so yes.

So really maybe just use Digital Vibrance setting in the Nvidia control panel a bit cause monitors don't really have this setting then, but for the most part it's always best to use only the monitors settings and try never to use third party software like Nvidia control panel. I'll try to get the color the way I want without using Digital Vibrance also, will only use it if I have too.

But also if you got a good monitor you really should not have to use the NVIDIA Control Panel, correct ? thanks

So really maybe just use Digital Vibrance setting in the Nvidia control panel a bit cause monitors don't really have this setting then, but for the most part it's always best to use only the monitors settings and try never to use third party software like Nvidia control panel. I'll try to get the color the way I want without using Digital Vibrance also, will only use it if I have too.

But also if you got a good monitor you really should not have to use the NVIDIA Control Panel, correct ? thanks

If the monitor is actually calibrated for uniform brightness and proper color representation you shouldn't need to adjust it at all.
Dell doesn't mention anything about that monitor being factory calibrated, so it is just very close and not perfect.

I don't use software, but I also have calibrated monitors.

Back