• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Race Invitation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

What:
The Great Chimp Challenge Team Folding Race - a race for Folding@Home.

When:
May 15th, Noon through May 25th, Noon. All dates and times are Pacific Daylight Savings Time (gmt - 7 hours)

Purpose:
Fun, and an increased exposure for Folding@Home. If you have a friend (or ten!), with a strong computer, (or ten!), ask them to join us!

:clap: You're Invited! :clap:

If You Want to Race, It's Easy:

Download the new V7 folding client: (for OSX it's V6)
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Click on the "Windows" button. Save the installer, and run it. It's too easy! (at last!) :clap: If you need more detailed help, post up. Happy to help. This installer is similar to most other Windows installers.

Post up your name, in a reply to this thread, and I'll have a passkey for the race, PM'd to you. If you don't get THIS passkey, you WILL be missing out on a lot of points. (Yes, we're keeping it "hidden", for the time being. Please don't post the passkey in the open.

Our team number is 32.

The racing website address will be posted when it's finished. It's under construction, atm.

Keep an eye on your temps. A clean and cool folding rig, is a happy folding rig. :D

Please come join us in the folding forum. This is THE big event of the folding year, and everyone is :welcome:

I have been laying low... but everything is ready to be switched over.:salute:

250K or so...:popcorn: Everything currently on Rosie or turned off will be ignited!

I knew you'd be there Dave. Thank goodness! :thup:

I setting up 2x P4 comps with like 512megs mem
My i3-2350m laptop, i7-2600k desktop to fold for the next few days..

Are you serious - 512MB RAM? You can't fold with that amount.

Welcome to the party, Dave! :thup:

The p4 will fold uniprocessor work with 512 MB without any problem as long as the OS is Linux or XP. It isn't worth the cost of electricity, but it will return about 110 to 220 ppd.

My suggestion is to shut off the P4's, and concentrate on the other two. A little more attention on them should be worth far more than both P4's put together.

Use the P4's for browsing the web, if you can, so the other two can fold without any interruptions. That's worth more than 100 ppd right there.

Back