• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best "6800" brand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rozal

Banned
Well I am looking out to buy a regular 6800. Though, I hear it doesn matter which brand to get. I am looking to unlock 16 pipelines and the extra vertex shader. What brand would let me do that?

I think a lot of people are having success with the leadteks. But im sure others who actually have the card will chime in soon

I have a leadtek that unlocked, A friend has an xfx that unlocked, I don't honestly know if there is one brand that has a better unlocking rate than any other, I know I have read of mixed results with various members on this site and other sites. If you want a guranteed 16 pipe card, You should probably go with a card that comes with the pipes already working. No one should order the 6800 with the thought that it should automatically unlock, I ordered mine hoping it would unlock but not really expecting it to.

Yeah i would agree with him, dont be expecting ur card to unlock.. but if it does then you lucked out. But that said, I hope you get what you want

I have always like eVGA and their 3month policy rule. If you buy something and a better product is released, then you only pay the difference when upgrading. Might come in handy for the folks buying 7800s during christmas.

Back