• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Lamptron's New Fan Controller - Meet the FC-9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
awesome, I can't wait for it to release I have been looking for a way to control 12 ultra kaze fans for a while lol and the other 6 fans

Teaser

The work is done but I need to write this one. It's coming at the same time as a MB review so it might not happen immediately, but it will be sometime soon. In the mean time, here's a teaser photo; this thing looks saweeet!

sb-gtx580-system-05.jpg

Love the design ! :thup:

At the upcoming review, if its not troubling you too much, please try by connecting it to powerful fan, close to it's watt or current rating I supposed, and measure the max voltage out with the adjustment at max speed, curious to see how far this new thing will drop the voltage at high current load.

You've never read one of my controller reviews have you? :p

I got as close as the number of splitters I posess would allow me to go, which ended up being 44.4W. One more splitter would have allowed me to max it out; regrettably I don't have one more to use. Pretty close though. :)

Lol..busted ! :p

Btw, if its allowed and easy to do, please to take off the circuit boards and took pics on each side, like the the FC8, it has 2 boards sandwiched together, really like to take a peek inside them.

I didn't take it apart and it's installed; but I do have high res photos from quite a few angles. Several pics will be in the review (looking like next week for publishing likely), so if you want the 10MP versions, I can pass them along. :)

Looks very nice. :thup:

Though Im still looking for something similar to my Kaze Server that allows higher wattage per channel. I like the on panel RPM/Temp readout without having to look at the monitor.

Lamptron pretty much has the high wattage thing in the bag at this point. They're the only ones putting fort the effort to produce high wattage controllers that look good. Check out the Lamptron Touch or the FC5v2 (both 30W/channel), perhaps one of those is along the lines of what you're looking for?

Back