• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Monster Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Note that you can only pull 2A through that splitter.

yup each of the fans uses 0.11A at max speed, so 2.0A / 0.11 = 18 fans, ill be running 16 of them, so a bit less than 2A

Should i consider another splitter ? and should i consider a different fan controller?

yup each of the fans uses 0.11A at max speed, so 2.0A / 0.11 = 18 fans, ill be running 16 of them, so a bit less than 2A

Should i consider another splitter ? and should i consider a different fan controller?

Had no idea these splitters had limitations. Is that the standard for all splitters or just this particular one?

Hey Miguel, for a little more than those 2 controllers, I mean you could go with a Aquaero 6 XT. Get a flow sensor, temp probes. I mean you are building a beastly rig. Why not have the only beastly controller for it. :D

As long as you're under the 2.0A you're fine :)

And that controller is good to 60W/channel. You won't even come near that number.

Had no idea these splitters had limitations. Is that the standard for all splitters or just this particular one?

Hey Miguel, for a little more than those 2 controllers, I mean you could go with a Aquaero 6 XT. Get a flow sensor, temp probes. I mean you are building a beastly rig. Why not have the only beastly controller for it. :D

Jack, I think he's only getting one controller, and getting two splitters.

Also, yes all splitters have a similar limitation.
It's based on the gauge of the wire used for the splitter.
If you can find the gauge then you can look up the maximum amperage allowed if they don't tell you.

Does it come in black?

been thinkin 'bout what the best use for a monster like this would be....
Ideally, in a case this big, you should use an mITX board , or maybe even just an Arduino :D

So it becomes very suited to play Solitaire, Pac-Man & online Galaga ... on a 7" screen :D

nah i still think because of money i would use the Lamptron CF525... also i have decided to stay on x79, maybe ill upgrade later on, and i will use the rive black edition and the ek full mobo water block.

i have updated the parts list in my 1st post

sorry for not going to x99 but i dont think i can afford it by the end of the year + the build... maybe next year

just purchased the case brakets to hold the radiators... should be here next week...

Also i been trying to order more radiators but no one has them in stock, frozen cpu said 3 weeks :O

Did they charge freight instead of ground shipping for that many fans? :rofl:

here we go... 56k connections not allowed :)

Sorry for the mess, ill be moving in few weeks, and been using this room of the house for crap, ultil the SUPER MONSTER ARRIVED!!!!

***************************************************************************************************

Barely made it :O

pZGs3tn.jpg

FoPTeO2.jpg

Packaging...

sUlZrfM.jpg

PkOvzJG.jpg

oX5iB9S.jpg

lWwRG8z.jpg

mR85dRp.jpg

tM8ZyCS.jpg

u4kOs4l.jpg

xwLxfkf.jpg

4zGElUV.jpg

gsK3WHm.jpg

pExBVQ2.jpg

ZXYld8U.jpg

CBvppvG.jpg

Lets get stared =)

oFmKhER.jpg

ObR1jg9.jpg

3C6fLCT.jpg

59PVk4C.jpg

m1hhQiw.jpg

4KXA50q.jpg

Ks8U0ba.jpg

UtuaSmN.jpg

PyNdslh.jpg

Hk2iKDs.jpg

uPDDKji.jpg

vdpVn7W.jpg

aq4EJLR.jpg

UgmLgLm.jpg

yUntTYt.jpg

cj1ABLl.jpg

Y2Ivfaf.jpg

iglzLcN.jpg

XalwI5G.jpg

1vnnxoG.jpg

BGIxrh4.jpg

Sb9mAwY.jpg

JjRf3Il.jpg

mzCLamh.jpg

mxY3pWB.jpg

TFp2oFe.jpg

EIYWzqc.jpg

Fiancé next to SUPER MONSTER!!!!

1OhkIvD.jpg

sPuWza8.jpg

UtoPiQm.jpg

4L1MDAZ.jpg

Iv9mx0j.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, these CaseLab case's are BIG. A real joy working with them too. Congrats SuperMiguel :thup:
You'll have a great time building your Monsta :cool:

Back