• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 'glass' panel arrived in perfect condition. You may want to look at the thread at OCN about these panels and their success first. ;)

good for you? i registered on ocn before this forum and read nearly every post in there regarding these. i know for a fact many got theirs with dust underneath. you are in the minority.

Im not counting or anything, but, I highly doubt Im in the minority. Several did get some dust underneath, no doubt, but it seems the vast majority did not (just looked at the thread and searched "dust" ;)). I guess all Im saying is I would take my chances. :)

Which model doesn't have the silver arch for $25 less? I'll be removing it regardless for VESA mounting :)

Thanks bling! :)

Sorry, I meant that they are the exact same model, except my silver arch came 'pre-disassembled', packaging picture here. Vs green-sum here. I guess the bubble wrap didn't protect the arch well, but the screen itself was unharmed.

I removed my stand and remaining pieces of the arch as well; I'd recommend checking out the picture guides on disassembling the monitor and to use a plastic fork instead of a screw driver to pry the pieces apart. It wasn't the easiest thing I've done recently.

Thanks for the clarification. Sweet - I will buy from Green-sum based off those pics. Seems like cheap insurance ;)

It's on the way!

:clap: :attn: :clap:

This is for my Audio Production DAW PC - so I don't mind a few bad pixels or some dust under the screen (really wanted the higher resolution is all). I'll hold out for Dell/Asus/Samsung 27" S-IPS 2560x1440 closer to X-Mas to upgrade my main desktop PC's LCD...

why are they so cheap?, but anyways i have a dell 3011 and i was thinking about eyefinity, you think its worth it over my dell?

I believe the limitations are mainly Dual-Link DVI related - but if you can drive your Dell 30" (which also uses Dual-Link DVI AFAIK) then I don't know why it wouldn't work. Maybe something to do with improper reading/detection of ECSD data?

As far as why they are so cheap - From what I gather - these 3rd tier companies are basically "beta testing" these new LG S-IPS panels for the larger "premium manufacturer" release later this year. Apparently this is how new panels make their way into the mainstream. Dell/Asus/et al will have these same LG S-IPS panels in their line-up later this year for $500 or so (just in time for X-Mas!)

:cool:

I dont mind selling my screen for 3 of these but if it really says a 5870 wont work well i dunno, and i have 3 in trifire to. im not really ready to upgrade because if you think about it, even the best out now still is not much faster then my build, im just saying it wont blow my system away

Got my Catleap Q270 from Greensum! It arrived in great shape - but it was NOT double-boxed - it was in the retail box with a descent layer of bubble-wrap all over it. No worries.

Tested it and looks perfect - no dead pixels - has a little backlight bleed towards the top (nothing major for my intended application).

I removed the stand late last night following the instructions in the overclock.net thread (quite a job just to remove the friggin stand!), and will be re-testing it tonight after work. Wish me luck :p

Thanks for bringing this to our/my attention!!! :attn:

How does this monitor fare in terms of gaming compared to a 120hz TN panel??

I want more available frames per second!

I also have a Radeon 5870, but it has dual-link DVI-D ports on it, so I'm not worried about that. I attribute the lack of 5870 on the auction page to "lost in translation".

I removed the stand late last night following the instructions in the overclock.net thread (quite a job just to remove the friggin stand!), and will be re-testing it tonight after work. Wish me luck :p
Can you link those instructions?

Got my Catleap Q270 from Greensum! It arrived in great shape - but it was NOT double-boxed - it was in the retail box with a descent layer of bubble-wrap all over it. No worries.

Interesting to hear they changed, probably had to cut costs somewhere to keep competitive pricing... :shrug: Glad your's arrived safely though.

Can you link those instructions?

The instructions I found were here, hidden under the "Stand Removal" spoiler. I found that using a plastic fork was a cheap tool to spread apart the plastic and not damage it, unlike a screw driver.

How does this monitor fare in terms of gaming compared to a 120hz TN panel??

I want more available frames per second!

I also have a Radeon 5870, but it has dual-link DVI-D ports on it, so I'm not worried about that. I attribute the lack of 5870 on the auction page to "lost in translation".

If you use the higher frequency, I'd guess it wouldn't fare very well. Sure the image is great, but I think they're now locked in to 60 Hz, plus I would suspect driving a higher resolution (2560x1440 = 3.7 MP vs 1920x1080 = 2.1 MP) would result in a loss of FPS? I'm not too sure, I don't game.

In other news, I am very upset at this monitor. When I printed out pictures, they did not look anywhere as good as they did on the screen! :rain: Now I need to figure out color profiles and what not.

Back