• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best: Non Sli, overclocking, stable mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

Like I stated in the Title, I was wondering which mobo you guys felt was the:

Best:
non sli
overclocking
stable

motherboard...is 965 better then the 6xx nvidia chipset when it comes to those 3 areas?

What does the 6xx nvidia chipset offer that the 965 cannot? and Vice Versa?

in each those 2 chipsets(if there is another I don't know about it) which do you guys consider the best bang for the buck?

thanks

6xx and ati's rd600 both can indepently oc fsb and ram. no need to set dividers to keep the ram within spec or within its max speed range. for a non sli chipset i would go for a P965, namely the Asus P5B-E plus mobo, but i dont think we can get it yet in the states.

for $100 its a desecnt mobo from what i keep reading .... ocs really well....

nVidia 650i Ultra mobos should be appearing in the not too distant future from what I hear & they should be cheap.

What you get with 650i is:
2 native IDE channels (4 devices) - no faffing about with a JMicron or similar if you have IDE drives.
unlinked cpu/memory

965 is imo easier to overclock than 650i & if you have ICH8R you get more SATA ports & better RAID performance.

Heidfirst said:
nVidia 650i Ultra mobos should be appearing in the not too distant future from what I hear & they should be cheap.

What you get with 650i is:
2 native IDE channels (4 devices) - no faffing about with a JMicron or similar if you have IDE drives.
unlinked cpu/memory

965 is imo easier to overclock than 650i & if you have ICH8R you get more SATA ports & better RAID performance.

Do you have any timeframe how soon we'll be seeing the 650i? And what do you mean that the 965 is easier to overclock?

Back