• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats why I get my stuff delivered to work.... Mind you, I had to put the roof down in my car to get it home. A 27" screen won't fit in my little MX-5

The perfect pixel displays are not guarenteed to be perfect. 1) some sellers do not open the box, it is checked by the factory, supposedly. This guarentee is only for no bright stuck pixels and 5 or less dead pixels spread throughout the screen. 2) even the guys who open them have a clause for refunding x amount of dollars for 1 dead pixel. If they open it and find 1 dead pixel they are going to ship it to you, and you just paid more for an imperfect monitor.

The pixel perfect option is a complete and total sham if you view it as anything beyond an assurance that neither your power brick or monitor are dead.

Well i paid for the perfect pixel one and i got them for $300, so even if they do have dead pixels or so, i still saved vs the normal ones

At 300 each I could deal with a dead pixel too :p, especially on a side monitor. The chNces of getting at least 1 defect free monitor of the 3 has to be pretty high.

Like with the monitor stand im just trying to keep people informed before they purchase with the perfect pixel option. If you do it, only buy one from a seller wjo opens and tests personally, and get written confirmation of no dead pixels. Or just save the money to use on a longer cable and better stand :)

What's wrong with the stands that you insist on mentioning it to people? Its cheap, but swivels and holds the monitor securely. What's the beef sir?

They can sag left or right. Mine was straight when I set it up and 2 weeks later it leans hard right, I have about an inch of sag to the right now and have it propped up to sit level. I can tweak it left and it sits level for a bit and over a day or two starts to sag again. I dont have a beef, the monitors are totally worth what you pay for them and then some, but the stands are cheap as all hell.

They can sag left or right. Mine was straight when I set it up and 2 weeks later it leans hard right, I have about an inch of sag to the right now and have it propped up to sit level. I can tweak it left and it sits level for a bit and over a day or two starts to sag again. I dont have a beef, the monitors are totally worth what you pay for them and then some, but the stands are cheap as all hell.

How hot is your office :D? or is it really that bad

Its in my bedroom, it gets up into probably the high 80s f in there during the day when im not home. So not what I would call cool, but not hot enough to melt plastic either :D

But like was said, nice vesa mounts on these things, if it becomes unusable its an easy replacement.

Edit: And my new cable got delivered today! Sowhen I get home I can actually center my monitor on my desk, its been slid to one side at an odd angle to keep from putting tension on the cord/dvi ports.

Lol, thats not really a bad temperature if thats during summer, thats only about 32C. A big part of the reason I believe cooling to be so important.

Beautiful weather to use the swimming pool but playing games on the weekends during daytime I'd expect your room temps to rise even higher unless your room is well ventillated.

out of these which would you recommend?
How old is that list? I noticed that the YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 from dcsamsungmall is actually $349 (that was the only one I clicked since it was the one I bought), so you might want to check current prices.

Damn, what an awesome stand dude. You can keep that and use it on any future monitors too. I picked up this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270889994013?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I didn't look too hard, but I'm curious if the stand can hold the 27" vs 19" monitor. I'm wondering if weight would be an issue (it may sag if too heavy) and if it can extend high enough (so that the 27" can go into portrait mode).

I guess I'll find out. These panels really don't weight that much so I really don't think there will be a problem.

green-sum has the Yamakasi Catleap Q270 SE for $320 too, no perfect pixel guarantee though I don't really think its workth worrying about. A single dead pixel is unnoticeable for the most part due to how small the pixels are.

Save the money and buy a better VESA monitor stand for it.

Well I know for sure that mine will have dust under the glass so i have 3 screens to take apart this weekend and Diablo3 is almost out and my dell3011 is going to end on ebay less then 2 days. ill be busy lol

^^^His seller was out of screens confirmed as perfect pixel, however they had some with perfect pixels but confirmed dust under the glass. He got a nice discount of $30 per screen for that. Considering its someting you cn fix yourself I think he got an absolute bargain. ;)

Yeah, I'm going to be dumping BF3 for Diablo 3 very very soon..... Once the price drops on it in a few weeks anyways.

How do u know that?

start from the bottom

Dear onmikesline,

yes, I have shipped QH270-IPSB ( tempered Glass model )

thank you

- red-cap
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: red-cap
Subject: Re: Other: onmikesline sent a message about ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB "PERFECT PIXEL" LED 2560x1440 16:9 6ms Tempered Glass #320895699508
Sent Date: May-11-12 10:55:08 PDT

Dear red-cap,

Hello i just wanted to ask you a quick question, the ones you shipped are the Tempered glass? thanks and have a good day

- onmikesline

To: onmikesline
Subject: Re: Other: onmikesline sent a message about ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB "PERFECT PIXEL" LED 2560x1440 16:9 6ms Tempered Glass #320895699508
Sent Date: May-10-12 21:32:25 PDT

Dear onmikesline,

just sent you $30
please confirm your paypal
I will send you the monitors soon

thank you for your understanding

- red-cap

Sent Date: May-10-12 21:16:02 PDT

Dear red-cap,

OK ill take them, do i get $30 refund today?

- onmikesline

Sent Date: May-10-12 21:05:05 PDT

Dear onmikesline,

yes, all the monitors have some dust for now
I have checked all the monitors we have to send you the perfect pixels

thank you

- red-cap

Sent Date: May-10-12 21:02:41 PDT

Dear red-cap,

Do you have the ones with dust in stock right now?

- onmikesline

Sent Date: May-10-12 20:32:54 PDT

Dear onmikesline,

I am not sure for that they told that but it would take that period.
if you can't wait , I can send monitors with 1~3 dust ( no defective pixel ) with $30 refeund ($10 each)

thank you

- red-cap

Sent Date: May-10-12 20:26:47 PDT

Dear red-cap,

Can you guarantee only a week? or can it be longer?

- onmikesline

Sent Date: May-10-12 20:19:07 PDT

Dear onmikesline,

I regret to say that the perfect pixel is not available for now unfortunately.
the manufacturer just got us the notice.
sorry, we can't help it about that
there are 2 options you can choose.
please choose one of those
1. I will send the monitors after about a week
2. I will send you the full refund as soon as you let me know

waiting for your respond

- red-cap

Subject: Other: onmikesline sent a message about ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB "PERFECT PIXEL" LED 2560x1440 16:9 6ms Tempered Glass #320895699508
Sent Date: May-10-12 18:57:45 PDT

Dear red-cap,

do I get a tracking number for these, thanks

- onmikesline

Back