• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 Cooler that looks cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott12345

Registered
hi i am ording an i5 760 on monday for 195$.

i have 8gb dominator gt DDR3 1833 ram (i ended up with it for like 50bucks the way things worked out)

with this tiny little motherboard, it was pretty cheap so i couldnt pass it up..

EVGA 121-LF-E652-KR EVGA P55 Micro Socket LGA1156 Intel P55 Chipset 2 Way SLI Dual-Channel DDR3 2000+Mhz+ 6x SATA 3.0GB/s 2x PCI-Express GigaLAN 8-Ch HD Audio IEEE1394 Micro ATX
99$
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_583&item_id=027552

i only wish to overclock to about 3.2ghz maybe 3.5, but my main concern is i really want a cooler that LOOKS nice, perhaps has a light to it, i have an antec 902 case with 2 extra enermax appolish blue fans.

was reading about the a50 and a70 but i dont like how they look and seems they are pretty loud, also i read they like to shake around a lot.

my options are at this site
www.canadacomputers.com
since i am buying this 2tb hard drive for 20$ off 89$ and i dont wanna pay shipping. (to avoid shipping u have to spend up to 150$)
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_210_212&item_id=024111

i really dont care about price, can be the most expensive one for all i care i just want a cpu cooler that looks really good, but as well cools really nicely.

anyone got any ideas of what cooler would suit my needs?
(only from canadacomputers.com website)
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=8_129&page=1&sort=3d

also i have a gtx285, think it would be worthy my time to downgrade yet upgrade to a 460 with directx11? im kinda boggled on this one never seen direct x11 in person to know if its really worth it. (also since my motherboard is sli and not crossfire unfortunately)
(i have had offers of 150 canadian for the gtx285)

Last edited:
Lets ask an MOD to move this to the Mobo forum, the hard drive forum, and general hardware forum.

Many recent posts here on many discussions about what CPU cooler is best, unless you want to watercool the CPU, then real watercooling starts at ohh, $250 with shipping. CPU only. All you have to do is read for a while, take your shoes off, hang out.

Ohh and the GPU forum.

Start over dude.

Lets ask an MOD to move this to the Mobo forum, the hard drive forum, and general hardware forum.

Many recent posts here on many discussions about what CPU cooler is best, unless you want to watercool the CPU, then real watercooling starts at ohh, $250 with shipping. CPU only. All you have to do is read for a while, take your shoes off, hang out.

Ohh and the GPU forum.

Start over dude.

Gees man, way to be a *jerk*... Don't see why you had to post just to be a *jerk*..?

EDIT: Language corrected by I.M.O.G., forum admin. YHPM

Last edited by a moderator:
turner850,

You could have made your point without the crude and offensive language.

i ended up going with the Corsair A-70 anyhow, although i wish i went with the A-50 due to the size of the A-70 vs my motherboards ram slots.
except i cant seem to get the dang thing installed i need 3 hands lmao.

Ancient that black looks nice, nice cable managment in your case too, i so need to downgrade my power supply to a lower wattage but with a modular one, these cables are riduclis.

Silver ice, the silver arrow looks nice too but no way it would fit.

this board drives me bonkers though, micro atx...

put a video card in the bottom slot, it covers up the only pci slot.

if i put the video card in the top slot, it covers up the only little pcie slot

guess thats what happens if you cheap out though ah well.

you can use pcie devices in any sized pcie slot, so you can use the 16x slot for a 1x device should you feel so compelled

Scott12345, are you trying to install in your case and does the 902 have a cutout behind the processor socket? Because I had no particular problems with mounting the A70 in my older Antec 1040 style case, which doesn't have a cutout. The directions for installations totally suck though for the A70. Since you are an 1156 system which has a metal support bracket under the socket on the back side of the board, I found that putting the little black spacers (little round black plastic things) on the studs that stick up through the mobo before sticking them through the mobo help stabilize the mount and keep the backplate from flexing when you tighten things down. I tested it on a 1366 system, but since 1156 also uses the metal support on the back side of the mobo they should help too. It also helps if you install it with the mobo out of the case, then install the mobo/hsf assembly inside the case. And do not apply the thermal grease the way they show in that pathetic excuse of an install manual either. That is a direct touch heatsink and putting a blob in the middle give crappy performance. Instead, run a thin line of thermal grease down each heatpipe in the contact area and temps will be much better. Another thing that isn't readily noticeable is the heatsink itself is asymmetrical in shape from 1 side to the other. Install it with the bowed side toward the ram as it will give more clearance for your ram.

Back