• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 C0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

georanma

Got my 920 in the mail yesterday, along with 6 gigs of ocz ddr3 1600, and an apogee gtz. Along with the new rampage II gene board and 2 3870's, I was ready to get started. For now I have my 920 under a cathar G4, but Im going to be swapping that out either today or tomorrow.

So far so good. I got 3.79 last night with 5 hours of OCCT, while out at the bar. Im about to try and push it up a notch to 4.0, before I leave for Macclenny. So far, Ive used all the stock settings, set from auto to the lowest settings. Im hoping to get around 4.2-4.5, once I know more about working with this chip. Pics to come in a bit of my ghetto bench.

Edit:
Here are some shots of my bench station action.

Ignore the ppk bb gun on my table. My roommate cant seem to quit leaving it out, and Im too lazy to retake it.

Last edited:

Got her up to 4.0. Getting a superpi 1m run around 10 seconds. Need to see how much more this thing can do. Sadly, I probably wont get much more without swapping out my water block.

indeed it is. I got a box of cartridges in the closet too. I got them for like 2 bucks at a garage sale. Got to keep the strap close..loll

I got it doing another hour and a half right now at 4.0, but now with HT on. I thought I turned turbo on, but Ill have to reassess the settings for it. Apparently, I looked at the wrong thing. Definately need to get that gtz put on. The temps would be so much better with it. Sadly right now im peaking around 78 as you can see in my screens, and that is with it being around 65 or 70 in my house at best.

edit: Ya finished a quick hour and a half with HT on. This is still pretty much on full auto for this board. I want to push it more tonight, but I know Ill be pushing 80c at that point with this G4.

Last edited:
So the gtz has been leak testing since sunday afternoon, Id say. Time has been a bit fuzzy lately. Depending on how tired I am when I get off at 3pm, Ill strap it on and start benching some more. I have to push past 4.0. I havent even need to touch more than the blck and the vcore on this board tbh. Im loving this board as much as my P5Q-E, which I could set my 9550 to 3.8 on full auto (e7200 as well). I cant wait to play with this more, and learn more on what I need to truely begin to tweak.

Alright, Time to update once agian.
So, I finally stopped being lazy and started testing on my 920 again today. I decided to start low today. I popped off an hour and a half of occt with ht on at 3.5, and then another 2.5 hours after that. Then I pushed it up to 3.78 and squeezed out another hour. Sadly, past 180 Blck, I seem to be locking up. No blue screen, just hard lock. Its the same issue that I ran into before I got discouraged a week or so ago. I have the board on mostly full auto atm, or set to the typical setting as listed by my board. I also turned off HT, turbo, speed step, C1e, and such for the testing that frustrated me. Ill post up all my settings after I get done plaing with a lower multi. the 3.78 was @ 1.375 ram @ 1.65 gave the nb about 1.3v. My temps are definately fine. Right now at 3.8 @ 1.40 the highest core was at 68c while the lowest was at 56c....still running this hour test thought. All these voltages are in bios not in os. Sorry, if my thoughts are a bit scattered. Been a long day. Will post back with more complete settings.

Edit: Hmm...an hour with ht 3.8 20x190 @1.40 in bios 1.41 in os with line load calibration. Setting up a 3.5 hour occt medium data set run. If it completes, Ill have to take note of my settings before I go out the door, and probably set up a longer run. Then I may have to try for 200x20. Hopefully my C0 can take it. I also need to get more/all the same fans on my rad. Too bad I dont have the cash to step up to 6 120x38mm fans.

Last edited:
After some reading, decided I should try and push my qpi a bit more. Moved up to 1.4, and then I was able to do 3.8 for an hour with ht no issues. Right now Im doing 4.0 @ 1.4vcore. Probably will ride with that in the end, and try and maybe see if the vcore can come down.

4.0 stable for 6 hours of OCCT with HT on

edit: fine ....you can suck ImageShack...everything else is going great this fine friday night. If only Florida didnt have 20+ degree temperature changes in december, Id be fantastic.

Last edited:
Exellent georanma :) , that co has got to be makeing you mad 4.0 for 1.4v time to dice it to death ... and get a do 920 :D for 24/7 ...

LOL them ss are toooo small for my 1 eye

http://img509.imageshack.us/i/img1123fr.jpg/
There is a shot of my set up with my new 6 120x38 san aces. I got 4 on a vantec controller, but the noise is no worse than what Im used to when they are at full speed, so they crank. I always have music playing anyways. Right now, I have two 3870s on my gene, but Monday my xfx 5850 will be here. Cant decide if the i7 or the w3460 is gonna get that card. Probably the xeon. Its in my case, and thats the rig Ive been gaming on when and if I do.
edit:
shot of ghetto shrouding (paiinters tape)

edit2: God, Image shack is wreckin my day....Ill fix those when I get to Macclenny.

Last edited:
With my C0, I would also get hard locks when trying to push past 3.8GHz. I think I have my settings in my sig below (I actually managed to run at 1.36V iirc).

It is summer here now and the PC is in a room that is quite warm. As a result I have actually turned it down to 3.7.

Ya, Im actually gonna try and see if I can bring the vcore down at all. I havent really tried yet. deffinately took that 1.6 qpi voltage to get past 3.8.

i'm actually gonna try in winter to see if I can get it up to 4GHz or past. The thing is that at my current room temps, I suspect if I crank up the voltage, it will heat up no doubt.

Back