• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Classified after PSU Failure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Abominable1

I built a new rig a couple months ago, and after leaving it powered on last night as usual, I woke up this morning and the computer was powered down and failed to power on. The Silverstone ST1000 PSU appeared to be the cause, (since it was dead) so I swapped out the PSU and everything powered on. The PSU took out all 4 of my SSD's, and oddly, the Glowing "E" on the NB no longer functions when juice is being sent to the board. Anyone see this happen on theirs, and is it safe to assume that the PSU blowout has damaged the board somehow?

I have never had something like this happen to me before.

Thanks,

Mike

It has not happened to mine. But a PSU failure can cause MANY different problems, it just depends on how it failed. Do the board and chip still function as before? It is sort of odd that it would only effect the light. Sorry to hear about your SSD's.

It has not happened to mine. But a PSU failure can cause MANY different problems, it just depends on how it failed. Do the board and chip still function as before? It is sort of odd that it would only effect the light. Sorry to hear about your SSD's.

The board still functions fine as far as I can tell... Is it possible that the temporary PSU I am using is not able to output enough power to make the light functional? The temporary PSU is a Corsair HX620 -- I had to use some of the modular connectors from the Silverstone PSU in order to feed the monster video card since there were not enough pins on the HX620 modular connectors.

i7-920
3x 2GB Dominator
1x EVGA GTX 295
2x Caviar 640GB
4x 120MM Fans
1x DVD drive

And yes, I had 4 Vertex SSD's in RAID0. What a waste!

What a waste, as in, having SSD's in Raid 0 is a waste; or what a waste, as in, now they're gone??

I initially bought two of them to replace the mechanical drives in my laptops, and the other two for use on my main PC. Now that all 4 are dead, I don't see myself logically coughing up the replacement money. It could have been worse though.

Go to OCZ forum and you might get the drives up , unless you actullay see burnt parts from the outside of them ..

good luck....

Back