• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Firefox Redirect Virus.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xeildranor

Registered
My brothers PC has a Virus that constantly redirects Google's search results to "reported attack sites" and random adds.

from what i can tell only applies to Firefox.

I've looked this up and only found minimal results. Tried many fixes and the problem still persists.

If you know how to get rid of this let me know :p

Thanks.

Thanks to Shelnutt2 for directing me to Malwarebyte, Virus is gone. Everything is sweet.

Much Love.

Last edited:
Run malwarebyte (free one). What av are you using? Antivir, or MSE are good ones if you don't have one.

You shouldn't run two antivirus' at the same time. I'd uninstall norton and scan with avg. Although these days antivir and MSE have better detection than avg.

Norton is disabled. there's no conflict At the mo, but i'll uninstall Norton if that ends up being the case.

I'll continue the scans of everything and update sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
For other people suffering this issue, and MalwareBytes is not succeeding, ComboFix is another alternative that has worked very well in the past. I used it on my mom's computer after she installed BearShare and suffered from redirecting Google searches.

Back