• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 7900GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

Seems that the used card I bought a year ago is having some problems crashing unexpectedly while playing games. It is not a cooling issue, is not overclocked, and, it will artifact with a blank screen rebooting the system. The warranty is still good, nothing has been modified to void it but the main question is that if I send it back to XFX for a replacement card would they send me a new 7900GTX or downgrade like a 9500GT or something like that? Since it is a two year old video card and considered obsolete by now. :(

Last edited:
9600GT is not a downgrade by any means, it spanks your card like a red headed step child.

Okay think they are sending me an RMA. What you guys think they may send back when I send the 7900gtx? I'm hoping either an 8800gt or 9600.

fan boi! In his case, only makes sense if XFX made ATI cards as well
Yeah unfortunatly XFX dont :(. real shame. I highly doubt that XFX which is such a respected brand would downgrade a faulty card, my bet is the 9600gt

Back