• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 560TI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

Hello,

Just ordered this graphics card. What is everyones opinion on OC'ing the 560ti's
The card sports a bi-fan heatsink. I always remove the heatsink replacing the thermal paste with AS5 from my previous cards..seemed to bring down the temps a tad bit.

I've also been reading from a few places that the Ti 560s have to be downclock in order for Battlefield 3 to be stable - is this an old thing from Nvidia drivers?

I have an EVGA 560ti and it has a single fan, and i run it at 1000/2000/2100 and it only reaches 75C in furmark. So, if you use AS5, you should really be able to crank it up.

I haven't heard anything about having to downclock to run BF3. I mean if you're downclocking from stock to be stable, that would be grounds for an RMA. In general, BF3 is rather demanding, so you might not be able to hit OC's quite as high. As long as you're under 85C I'd say it's good to go.

Woah,

Good reference there. Was a bit worried about the performance on Bad Company 2 since my native screen resoluion is like 1920x1200. 1000/2220 must be the desired OC on stock cooling?

Bad company 2 flies on the 560ti. I don't have much trouble getting up to 75 - 85 FPS @ 1080P. BC3 is a little more difficult. I just finished testing mine for OC results. I still have to run it at high rather than ultra. Frame rates run between 35 and 55 on Ultra.

I doubt will be using Ultra settings on BF3 for regular gameplay. Maybe just for eyecandy and benchmarking. Since high/medium settings 2x AA and my desired screen resolution on BF3 pushes out a decent framerate it will work for me. I usually turn shadows and partical density low, model/terrian detail on high with 8x AF

It's not a huge issue for me either. Honestly I don't even really like BF3. I turn it on do some benchmarking and go play BC2.

BF3 doesn't seem all that great for the PC.
BF2 has been my all time favorite...Wasn't big on graphics - more of a CPU/RAM dependent solid game. Wish EA would have done the same with BF3.

I can remember when it first came out my 6600gt on a AMD Athlon 3200+ with 1gig of ram played it pretty well with medium/high graphics.

Last edited:
I've got a Gigabyte 560Ti OC, just needed a newer BIOS update (which is on the gigabyte website) which just upped the voltage a little bit. Rock stable now.

Overclocking, mine will overclock to 950mhz from the stock OC of 900mhz and Furmark for hours on end, but when I play BF:3 it will crash after 5 min.

Mine is only stable to about 936MHz. I didn't invest a lot into trying for 950 though because I was more concerned about keeping the GPU temp down than what is the fastest I can push this thing. I settled on a mild 920MHz OC.

Back