• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update "Cooling-The Definitive Guide"???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

I was bored so I read through the "Cooling-The Definitive Guide" sticky on this page. Well, I found a lot of information to be kinda out-of-date. I was just thinking it might be a good idea to update it. For example, the part about lapping. There have been numerous threads on which method of lapping a heatsink is the best and the majority DO NOT recommend the "circular motion" which is described in sticky. Just little things like that might need to be updated. Don't get me wrong...I'm not dissing Maximus Nickus's work. It is a great write up and is definatly a good sticky. All I am saying is that it needs to be updated.

Just throwing the idea out there. :D

i agree with you... why don't you update it:p and pm the updates to Maximus Nickus

yup good idea, i just read it, and its confusing to read summat, then seein its wrong....

I would just PM him but I looked at his profile and the last post was like back in July!!!

I do have an idea though...I could go around and find the best how-to's and cooling threads and just compile one big one. Give me some time as it will take a lot of reading and searching!!!!

Hi Guys, sorry if this thread is a bit old!
I am around but I have been having a really hard time lately and I've not really had the drive to post much anymore.

I'm sorry the guide appears to be outdated, I would much appreciate it if someone could PM me the updates or information that needs to be updated.

Thanks guys,
M_N

whoa....your alive. I think I got at least a lapping guide ready for ya. I will send it to you when I get a spare sec. Busy right now.

Back