• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweaks-The Definitive Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maximus Nickus said:
The Via 4 in 1 drivers don't show up in the device manager
M_N

Actually they do, you will find them here in Device Manager

1) IDE ATA/ATPI Controllers

IDE pic

2) CPU to AGP Controller

System devices pic

3) CPU to PCI Bridge

See second image

4) PCI to ISA Bridge

See second image

After running the VIA install, check your device manager to see if all four drivers were installed correctly. Often one or two of the drivers will not be installed correctly, and you will have to do a manual/forced driver install.

tongue.gif

Thnx to Ghost for the images, you can see his full guide

Here

And if anyone has a link for a 9500nonpro volt mod.....lay it on me.

El<(')>Maxi said:

Actually they do, you will find them here in Device Manager

1) IDE ATA/ATPI Controllers

IDE pic

2) CPU to AGP Controller

System devices pic

3) CPU to PCI Bridge

See second image

4) PCI to ISA Bridge

See second image

After running the VIA install, check your device manager to see if all four drivers were installed correctly. Often one or two of the drivers will not be installed correctly, and you will have to do a manual/forced driver install.

tongue.gif

Thnx to Ghost for the images, you can see his full guide

Here

And if anyone has a link for a 9500nonpro volt mod.....lay it on me.

You are indeed correct, Thankyou for the corrections!
I cannot find a Standard 9500 Volt Mod as of yet, but if anyone knows of one or I see one I will let you know.

Take Care,
M_N

The fast writes on tweak for the geforce 3 is interesting. I tried it with my Geforce 3 Ti 500, but 3Dmark 2001 and 2003 still say: Fast Writes: supported (disabled). I have fast writes turned on in the bios. Someone know how to turn Fast writes on with my card? Or maybe it´s on but isnt 3Dmark able to detect it correctly?

Panzerknacker said:
The fast writes on tweak for the geforce 3 is interesting. I tried it with my Geforce 3 Ti 500, but 3Dmark 2001 and 2003 still say: Fast Writes: supported (disabled). I have fast writes turned on in the bios. Someone know how to turn Fast writes on with my card? Or maybe it´s on but isnt 3Dmark able to detect it correctly?

Did your score increase slightly when you did enable Fast-Writes in the bios? I've found quite often that 3DMark does not detect that you have Fast-Writes enabled.
However some cards require you to force Fast-Writes to be enabled threw a software tweaker.

M_N

I think I'm going to try that 8500 v-mod. I've been wanting to push this card a bit futher. I need to do it quick too. Only one more week until my 9800 gets back :D

Hellion said:
i do have a Q tho, how and were do you learn all this? experience and self teaching like me, or schooling?

Hi Hellion,

I taught myself all the knowledge that I know, albeit from the odd slice of information I learnt from IT classes at school - that was mostly document based information though.

M_N

me too, its kinda wierd actually, i never finished high school.....yet....going back dont trip...currently. but im able to teach people in college classes its hilarious.

Back