• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free 2 day shipping deal for Newegg and other stores (Similar to Amazon's Prime)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

I was looking at Newegg and saw this little link below the product listing:

Capture0.JPG

When you click the link you get this info:

Capture.JPG

So for $79 a year you can get free 2-day shipping on many (Seems like most) items on Newegg as well as other fairly popular sites (Borders, Toys R Us, Autozone, etc)

I did notice that it doesn't come up under cases, so it might be limited by weight or possibly box size or something. But i did look at a huge Power Supply and it was available for that. It was the PCP&C TurboCool 1200 which weighs 10lbs. And shipping on that alone was $14 for Newegg's price.

I think the next time I go to buy something from Newegg I may have to try out their 30 day trial and see how well it works. I have an Amazon Prime membership and pay $79 for it. I Love being able to buy anything with free shipping. And several times I've chosen to buy at Amazon instead of Newegg because the price difference without shipping was worth it or sometimes just because I know I get things so fast through Amazon.

EDIT: The free shipping on returns seems like a nice deal as well!

Last edited:
Maybe interesting for some, but for me personally it isn't worth it. Not trying to thread crap, but just wanna give some fyi. I took a look at the Participating Stores and a majority of them generally have free shipping after say $25 or $50 spent, which is depending on the store is about how much you'll usually spend. Although if you order a lot of Dominos then it definitely would be worth it :D

The thing with Newegg is if you're generally a deal shopper with them, then all their deals come with free shipping, even their cases. I don't know how long it takes to ship to everyone else, but in CA it usually takes 2 days and occasionally 3 days to arrive at my door.

The reason Amazon prime is so much better is it covers practically everything from electronics to even food. Another big plus with Amazon prime is Amazon super saver shipping has become a lot slower than it used to be. Sometimes they won't even ship till a week later, even if it is in stock. Once shipped it'll take anywhere from 2-5 days (for me at least). Either they ship so much that all the trucks are full or they are withholding goods to make their Amazon Prime a lot more attractive, maybe a little of both.

Google is your friend.

Reports all over the place involving this company.

Ordered something from ****'s Sporting Goods with Shoprunner's "free two-day shipping." That was four days ago and the item still hasn't arrived. Turns out UPS shipped it "standard ground" and it will take a week. Called Shoprunner, they said it was my fault for not double-checking with UPS about the shipping method. Huh? I canceled my Shoprunner membership immediately.

Got the boot from Shoprunner for too many purchases... I guess unlimited free two shipping only means unlimited to 50 items!

Most of the stuff on the participating websites don't qualify for the free 2 day shipping, so what's the point?

I signed up for shoprunner.
after 2 weeks I get a nice email,"Due to irregularities on the usage of your membership, we have cancelled your ShopRunner account"
so even though the web site says unlimited orders,I guess my 15 orders puts me into something beyond unlimited.So much for shoprunner.

Shoprunner is a joke! Alittle over a week ago, I signed up for their 30 day free trial. I used it to place about 5 orders and today they cancelled my account for, as they put it, "usage irregularities". I'm still waiting to hear back from their company as to what they consider "usage irregularities". I guess they only want people who will order 1 or 2 items once every blue moon.

Once shipped it'll take anywhere from 2-5 days (for me at least). Either they ship so much that all the trucks are full or they are withholding goods to make their Amazon Prime a lot more attractive, maybe a little of both.

Sometimes I wish my prime membership would do this :)
I hate ordering something, only to change my mind, and it is too late cause it has already shipped :)

Most items on newegg come in 2 days anywaysm the max being 3. Only exception are the really small items that ship with egg saver.

Most items on newegg come in 2 days anywaysm the max being 3. Only exception are the really small items that ship with egg saver.

exactly....

since im so close to NJ warehouse it doesnt matter :clap: plus not to mention who goes to those other websites anyway.....

Dunno, I ordered from newegg a week ago, two very small items (short cable and microSD card) and it's still not here. I'm in the one day ground zone from NJ, but they used some stupid DHL/USPS combo. Seems their shipping is going a bit downhill.

Dunno, I ordered from newegg a week ago, two very small items (short cable and microSD card) and it's still not here. I'm in the one day ground zone from NJ, but they used some stupid DHL/USPS combo. Seems their shipping is going a bit downhill.

eggsaver option. I avoid it at all costs.. literally.

ShopRunner Experience So Far

This service actually pays for it self if you are building a brand new computer.
You don't have to sign up for the $80 plan to get the trial. They have a $8.95 plan as well.

My shipping was completely free including the case. The only 2 items that arrived in 3 days was a 27inch monitor and a pc case. This saved me $17.00

I received a DOA Power supply. Took me 6hrs to figure this out. Never had a doa power supply before. Immediately logged into my New Egg Account and behold there is a option to sign into My shop runner account. I signed into my Shop runner account and everything qualified for free returned shipping except the PC case. The PC Case will always work out for me unless it arrives physically damaged.

eggsaver option. I avoid it at all costs.. literally.

Exactly. It's a good rule of thumb to know, always avoid EggSaver shipping.

As far as ShopRunner goes, I used it once and had no problem. I bought some books from Borders.com (which has the worse checkout ever, it alone almost deterred me away), and signed up for the free ShopRunner trial. Got my books in 2 days just like it said. Only complaint I had with it, which I'm sure is somewhere in the small print, is I cancelled it right after I got my books, and you don't keep your membership through the 30 days. It ends when you cancel it, even if it's less than a week after signing up.

Signed up for the free trial. We'll see how it goes. Useful for Newegg stuff that ISN'T free shipping and the Toys R Us Lego deals that come up.

Me and my room mate have had only positive experiences with it. We got in on the lifehacker free for a year deal and it's treating us very well.

Shoprunner had a free 1 year trial on Black Friday. I signed up and have ordered a LOT of stuff from Newegg and Toys R Us. Everything has arrived within 2 days, and stuff that has a shipping charge on Newegg is free!

Usually items show up with free shipping at some point on the Egg. I must be really close to the warehouse because I have received the last several orders from Newegg literally overnight. My Amazon orders are to the point where they take 1 to 2 weeks with the free shipping. I'm more than willing to pay for shipping from newegg if the items are the same price.

maybe i'm just stupid but i don't trust stuff like this.... i trust the company that i have done business with for 10+ years and i have come this far with out using this 3rd party deal crap.... just a scheme to get money, contact info and opens an additional group of people to worry about keeping my private info private.

no thanks, i will wait for deals or pay the shipping. it is still much cheaper than local options and of course no sales tax (for now)

I got the free for a year deal as well. Not worth the $79/yr for how much I order, but it is nice to have for free.

I've used this probably 18 times in the past 4 months and it's worked great for me. I know I've saved more than 79 bucks already...

Whenever I order from shoprunner they ship UPS Ground unless it's from CA or some other place far. It still arrives in what shoprunner calls 2 days, but really it's 3 days since they don't count the day it ships out.

Back