• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to pull the trigger on my first loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
KyoKris, I know this is off topic but how did you get those screen shots like that. I tried to use printscrn and paste to MS paint but it didn't work out for me. Any secrets?

KyoKris, I know this is off topic but how did you get those screen shots like that. I tried to use printscrn and paste to MS paint but it didn't work out for me. Any secrets?

did you work it out?

I just pasted it into MS Paint and cropped the image.

Get one or two of these for the RAM: http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=54_197&products_id=4292

And use the stock VRM heatsink.

what do I need them for?

EDIT:
Oh so you're saying to buy them and use them for the VRAM on my GTX 580 a long with this EK GPU Block?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_878_880&products_id=18327

Oh so you're saying to buy them and use them for the VRAM on my GTX 580 a long with this EK GPU Block?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_878_880&products_id=18327
Yes. The stock cooling on a card will at the very least blow air across the VRMs if it doesn't also have the heatsink come in contact with them to cool them off. So removing the stock cooling in place of the universal GPU waterblock requires another way to cool them off, and this way uses your case's airflow to do so.

Yes. The stock cooling on a card will at the very least blow air across the VRMs if it doesn't also have the heatsink come in contact with them to cool them off. So removing the stock cooling in place of the universal GPU waterblock requires another way to cool them off, and this way uses your case's airflow to do so.

so I would have the EK block cooling the GPU and then a bunch of these little heatsinks cooling the VRAM on the card?

is this a better way or should I just get the full water block for the whole card?

Well, full cover waterblocks, once the card is older loses a TON of value, almost hard to sell. Imagine my two 470's in my sig with $100+ waterblocks. What would you pay to buy them?

In fact, I gave my 280's away to Skinnee with FC blocks for testing, I would of got little for them, or not enough to bother with and he needed them. I don't live paycheck to paycheck either tho. I digress.

A full cover block gives max watercooling if your gonna bench or just like the look. You going for some overclock, and won't have the most excellent looking rig if you must compare, GPU only blocks are the way to go. You can reuse the GPU and the heatsinks, and make the cards back to stock and sell them.

GPU only is the long term way to go, full cover if you must...........

Well, full cover waterblocks, once the card is older loses a TON of value, almost hard to sell. Imagine my two 470's in my sig with $100+ waterblocks. What would you pay to buy them?

In fact, I gave my 280's away to Skinnee with FC blocks for testing, I would of got little for them, or not enough to bother with and he needed them. I don't live paycheck to paycheck either tho. I digress.

A full cover block gives max watercooling if your gonna bench or just like the look. You going for some overclock, and won't have the most excellent looking rig if you must compare, GPU only blocks are the way to go. You can reuse the GPU and the heatsinks, and make the cards back to stock and sell them.

GPU only is the long term way to go, full cover if you must...........

yeah thats what i thought, I am not going to bench mark or anything but I will OC my card a bit.

I'm not really worried about the money as such, I do like the look of full cover water blocks more so maybe I will just go that way....

I will have to think about it more i guess :)
thanks for all the info mate :)

Back