• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX1500i or HCP-1300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simi_id

Hello,

What to choose between
Corsair AX1500i and Antec HCP-1300
(Flextronics vs Delta)
(Single rail vs Multi rail)
(Titanium vs Platinum)
(1500W vs 1300W)
(Digital vs Analogic)

I also read that AX1500i use some Chinese capacitors instead of only Japanese ones like in previous models.
Most important thing is to not have coil whine or to make the video card to coil whine.
Price is not an issue, so I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks

What's the system this is going in?

4790K / Single Gpu but I want something future proof a bit and efficient to keep it few years, when I plan to upgrade to SLI / 2011+DDR4 ....

Main issue now is to not influence the gpu to have coil noise. I have an Asus Gtx780Ti Matrix Platinum and it's having coil noise.
I read that also Seasonic is prone to coil noise for gpu.

This is what I've found in local stores
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Gold
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Platinum

Are you referring specifically to 1000 G2 ?
I saw they are built on Leadex platform which is also very good.
But why you wouldn't pick any between AX1500i and HCP-1300 ?

This is what I've found in local stores
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Gold
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Platinum

Are you referring specifically to 1000 G2 ?
I saw they are built on Leadex platform which is also very good.
But why you wouldn't pick any between AX1500i and HCP-1300 ?

The EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Platinum would be an awesome unit for you as well.

I wouldn't pick the AX1500i or HCP-1300 because they are WAY overkill for your plans.
Even that 1000W unit leaves room for insane overclocking on a custom watercooling loop with any CPU and any two GPUs.

Agreed with ATM, having that much extra available wattage is incredibly overkill. The high end cards tend to have a TDP of 250watts, and the companies are looking to be even more efficient each generation. I would get a 1000w at the absolute maximum which would still likely give room for 3 cards.

Out of the two you are asking for the Corsair unit hands down based on the horendous luck I have had with Antec units. I have not had one that has survived. Not to mention like 4 of them biting the dust a few years back at MOA

However the one ATM linked is a nice unit, I have a G2 1300 and it has taken everything I have thrown at it using sub ambient voltages. Hard to get past a 10 years with the best customer service company in the industy

Back