• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

calling any Tualeron 1.0a expert

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acts837

Registered
just got my new 1.0A for the ol' ST6. pack date 4/3/02 malay. Dropped her in with retail HSF and some ASII. default voltage and went straight to 1.33 without a hickup! Sweet!

Problem - loaded a fresh OS (w2k) and started MBM and Prime95 for a good burn-in. While full load under Prime95 MBM is telling me 52 degrees. Holy Toledo Batman, thats to hot for me. Funny thing is the box is rock solid.

ST6
1.0A @1.33
1.47 volts
52 degrees full load

Is this normal?

*UPDATE 6/22/02*
this morning I woke up and burning in helped drop to 50 deg under full load. Then I swapped out for a psu that had holes cut in the bottom for better airflow...I am now at 47-48 under full load in prime95. I am still eyeballing that ax-7 though.

Last edited:
I'd say, if your ambient temp is quite high and you really use the stock heatsink(very slow spinning fan, but quite noisy for the RPMs), then this temp readings seem to be accurate and also "normal" if you want so!
I've got an ambient temperature of 22°C and get about 40°C full load temp using my Thermalright AX-7 with the Delta 80x80x38mm fan @5V(=~2000RPM) and my CPU(see signature below) @1,33GHz @1,475V.;)

If I were you I would try to get a better heatsink and some AS3 as soon as possible!

Perhaps you could also improve your case ventilation to bring your CPU temps down;)

Regards

Ingo

Your temps are high, but not as bad as you might think. The ST6 mobo reads the on die thermal diode temps. These are the cpu internal temps and not the on board theristor or diode temps. I went through all of this recently when I bought an st6 mobo and a 1.2 cpu. The temps are usualy around 7c higher than other mobos that use the on board instead of on chip sensors. There is a way to calibrate it if you go to the as3.com website it has an article on how. The important thing is to get the best copper hsf combo you can afford and good case cooling before you try any extreme oc'ing the stock/factory hsf is only good for maybe a 25% oc. With good cooling the 1.0a chip will do 1450mhz or better. You will also need to increase the vcore to 1.7v or better using the vip pin method.

Back